Any same sex dancers here?

Discussion in 'Ballroom Dance' started by twnkltoz, Feb 2, 2013.

1. twnkltoz

twnkltoz Well-Known Member

April Follies is a little over a month away, and I'm getting ready to register. I see that the AT competition will be graded! and if you make the A group, you have to do vals and milonga! EEP!

Anyone else going? It would be fun to find a partner for the Just Dance competitions.

2. leee

leee Well-Known Member

I see they have Lindy Hop...

3. twnkltoz

4. Egorich

Egorich Active Member

Did it jokingly with a few instructors at the studio challenge event. Load of fun, especially when you get switch roles. But, since Canada is a bit conservative in this field, no official competitions yet.

5. Daphna

Daphna Well-Known Member

Getting ready to go and compete at April Follies, the same-sex North American Championships held in SF/Oakland CA. If anyone wants to see a great same-sex event, it will be live streamed by Paradigm all day Saturday April 27, 2015. The reigning European women's standard couple I'm sure will be doing at least a showdance in the evening and they are truely amazing dancers and worth the look.

Bailamosdance likes this.
  6. Daphna

Daphna Well-Known Member

Sorry, put down the wrong date, its this coming Saturday April 25, 2015. Not the 27th.

7. dlliba10

dlliba10 Well-Known Member

Good luck, Daphna! Can't wait to see videos!

8. twnkltoz

I will be there, competing in AT and the luck-of-the-draw WCS and NC2S. If you recognize me, say hi!

leee likes this.
  9. Daphna

Daphna Well-Known Member

Will do

10. twnkltoz

Sorry we didn't connect, but now I know who you are! I love watching you and your partner dance!

11. twnkltoz

Thought I'd share a video someone posted...we enter the frame around 1:37. All black, she has a purple scarf, #137.