Any same sex dancers here?

Discussion in 'Ballroom Dance' started by twnkltoz, Feb 2, 2013.

1. twnkltoz

twnkltoz Well-Known Member

April Follies is a little over a month away, and I'm getting ready to register. I see that the AT competition will be graded! and if you make the A group, you have to do vals and milonga! EEP!

Anyone else going? It would be fun to find a partner for the Just Dance competitions.

2. leee

leee Well-Known Member

I see they have Lindy Hop...

3. twnkltoz

4. Egorich

Egorich Active Member

Did it jokingly with a few instructors at the studio challenge event. Load of fun, especially when you get switch roles. But, since Canada is a bit conservative in this field, no official competitions yet.

5. Daphna

Daphna Active Member

Getting ready to go and compete at April Follies, the same-sex North American Championships held in SF/Oakland CA. If anyone wants to see a great same-sex event, it will be live streamed by Paradigm all day Saturday April 27, 2015. The reigning European women's standard couple I'm sure will be doing at least a showdance in the evening and they are truely amazing dancers and worth the look.

Bailamosdance likes this.
  6. Daphna

Daphna Active Member

Sorry, put down the wrong date, its this coming Saturday April 25, 2015. Not the 27th.

7. dlliba10

dlliba10 Well-Known Member

Good luck, Daphna! Can't wait to see videos!

8. twnkltoz

I will be there, competing in AT and the luck-of-the-draw WCS and NC2S. If you recognize me, say hi!

leee likes this.
  9. Daphna

Daphna Active Member

Will do

10. twnkltoz

Sorry we didn't connect, but now I know who you are! I love watching you and your partner dance!

11. twnkltoz

Thought I'd share a video someone posted...we enter the frame around 1:37. All black, she has a purple scarf, #137.