anybody know what kind of dancing Jordan Knight used to do?

Discussion in 'General Dance Discussion' started by vanillathunder, Dec 22, 2003.

1. vanillathunder

vanillathunder New Member

i remember watching a new kids on the block concert once, and i saw jordan knight dancing, idk if anyone ever saw him dance in concert, be he did some interesting dances that looked cool, lots of jump spins in the air, regular spins, and a lot of footwork. anyone know what kind of dance that he did, like what the type of dance was called?

2. Sagitta

Sagitta Well-Known Member

Welcome to the forums vanillathunder!! :D Unfortunately I have never seen Jordan Knight dancing, though I believe that I probably heard some of his songs, or perhaps it was the group that he used to belong to..."New Kids on the block"? I did some quick internet browsing and found out that Jordan Knight sites comment on him being into breakdancing as a teenager. A couple fan sites comment on noticing his breakdancing influence, so breakdancing must be there. Now if I could find a video I could be of more help...Oh, well...

3. Swing Kitten

Swing Kitten New Member

Again wlecome vanillathunder :)lol: does that have anything to do with 'chocolate thunder' ?)

nice to have you with us!

4. pygmalion

pygmalion Well-Known Member

Hi vanillathunder! Welcome to the forums! :D Ah, the younguns they let moderate these days! :lol: 8) How could anyone not remember NKOTB? :shock: Jordan Knight (and the rest of the New Kids) were favorites of my nieces, can't remember when though. Late eighties? They did some pretty fancy choreography break dancing and hip hop-style dancing, if I remember correctly. Plus some latter-day Temptations style group choreography, complete with slides, etc. Not bad at all. :D

5. Sagitta

Sagitta Well-Known Member

That's why we have the ancient ones too!! :notworth: :p

6. pygmalion

:shock: :shock: Ancient? :lol: :lol:

7. d nice

d nice New Member

Uh... you know I love you Jen, but if you ever call what the New Knobs On The Block did as hip hop/b-boyin' I'll hunt you down, tie you to a chair, and make you watch Step by Step till your eyes and ears bleed. :twisted:

The only remedy would be a movie marathon of Breakin', Beat Street, Krush Groove, The Freshest Kids, and Honey. 8)

Now to answer the question, the style of dance is most often refered to as Funk, Video Dance, Street Jazz, or Hip-Hop Jazz. Essentially it is taking contemporary jazz and funking it up, making it "hip". If you can't find a school where you live that advertises this style, call around and ask if anyplace does "L.A. Style" Jazz. "New York Style" Jazz is based around Broadway Show and character movement, while "L.A. Style" is more based around video or ensemble dance.

8. pygmalion

LOL! Love you too! :lol: :lol: :kissme:

Hey. I said hip-hop STYLE, not hip-hop, if I remember correctly. Watered down, true, but still not bad, depending on your perspective. I think my nieces were about eight and ten, then, so they were in LOVE. :lol: :lol:

9. pygmalion

You know, d nice, every time I re-read your post, it makes me laugh harder. Do you know I've actually seen all those plotless dance movies, except the Freshest Kids. Hm. Maybe I'd better see that one. Fill up the obvious hole in my soul. :lol: :lol:

BTW, you're teaching in Reno, right? I have to scope out my schedule and make sure I come to your workshops. Those are can't miss for me. :D