Are flat chested women easier to dance with?

Discussion in 'General Dance Discussion' started by emanuela, Apr 11, 2005.

1. emanuela

emanuela New Member

:? :?: And why? :?: :?:
  2. dTas

dTas New Member

wow! uh... in what way are you referring to?

i suppose if you look at the extreme opposite i would agree that yes, flat chested women are easier to dance with.

but i think that the question of breast size really should refer to balance. if a large breasted woman knew where her balance was and how to maintain frame, connection, and balance then there wouldn't be any problem.

it would be a hinderance if the size of the chest was disrupting the movement or balance in some way.
  3. jon

jon Member

They're only easier to dance with if someone in the partnership has a problem with chests touching during the dance. Which many people do... in a blues class at Reno this weekend, at one point the instructor paused, came over, pointed to me and my current partner in the rotation, said "with the exception of these people, nobody is dancing close enough".
  4. Spitfire

Spitfire Well-Known Member

Not that I've noticed.
  5. emanuela

emanuela New Member

Ok ... I feel better. I read that in another thread, and all of a sudden I saw my new passion crumbling in front of my eyes :roll: :lol:
  6. emanuela

emanuela New Member

I imagined so. Women with bigger chest still have a balance, otherwise they (we) would be falling at each step :wink: .... I mean, I can see why jumping rope is easier for flat chested women, but I didn't think dancing would be that bad. Oh well, ... :roll:
  7. standardgirl

standardgirl New Member

It just doesn't look as good when you dance the jive....... :cry:
  8. emanuela

emanuela New Member

If the jive is similar to jumping rope (I have no clue), then I understand. But I don't understand what it has to do with how easy it is for the partner that dances with you. Anyhow, what are you gonna do, get a reduction (well, still an option)? Although, imagine how many dance lessons you can pay for with the money for a reduction :wink:
  9. gte692h

gte692h New Member

i haven't noticed any difference in terms of 'easy' or 'difficult'. if the big chest comes with a heavy frame, then it can be difficult if the follow can't keep up with song, or keep time.
  10. squirrel

squirrel New Member

I doubt it! And men here prefer them actually! :wink: :lol: :lol: :lol:
  11. emanuela

emanuela New Member

... prefer who? :?
  12. squirrel

squirrel New Member

:) Sorry - big chested women!
  13. newbie

newbie Active Member

For A.T, where a chest-to-chest contact is sometimes required for some routines, I clearly prefer flat partners. For dances with only hand-to-hand contact (cha-cha, swing...) I slightly prefer flat partners, as extra chest means extra weight and therefore more efforts required to lead, but actually I don't mind. And when I'm just sitting and watching people dancing, I tend to prefer curvy women.
  14. Sabor

Sabor New Member

:lol: :lol: womanly aspects are always appreciated.. neither extreme is preferred i suppose.. except for booty ofcourse.. junk in the trunk PLEASE! :shock: :applause: :lol:
  15. Joe

Joe Well-Known Member

You're not supposed to bounce THAT much in jive! If you're flashing your high beams a lot in jive you're bouncing way too much. The bounce is supposed to be below your...um...headlights.
  16. cocodrilo

cocodrilo New Member

I would tend to think that we(the lesser endowed types) would be easier to dance with as the guys are looking us in the eyes instead of looking at our, er..."elephants"! :lol:
  17. mamboqueen

mamboqueen Well-Known Member

junk in the trunk.....I just burst out laughing and my cat fell off the sofa as a result. Sabor, you're a hoot....

I'm of the small-chested variety, and while I've always wanted bigger, I think it would be a hindrance for me to suddenly be big. I think as far as doing exercise and dance goes, I'd rather have my size. But then again, there's always those low-cut dresses that look better on women with good sized boobs.

Where's Joe...I can't believe he's missing out on this :)
  18. cocodrilo

cocodrilo New Member

Ditto, Mamboqueen. Actually, I have some blouses & dresses that are extremely flattering even to my meager bust. A really great push-up bra helps keep things perky, too! 8)
  19. Lita_rulez

Lita_rulez New Member

Easyer to dance with ? No.

Nicer to dance with ? No.

Nicer to look at while dancing ? No.

Nicer to look out while not dancing ? No.

Easier to look in the eyes when dancing ? Yes.

And while doing anything at all, for that matter...
    But then again, I was always told not to stare endlesly into the eyes of a woman, it's creepy for them, so I like having something else on wich to focus.[​IMG]

By the way, I'm Lita, what are you doing later on ?
    [​IMG]
  20. pygmalion

pygmalion Well-Known Member

Get thee to the flirting thread! :wink: :lol:

(Nice to have you back, Lita_rulez. :D )