Are flat chested women easier to dance with?

Discussion in 'General Dance Discussion' started by emanuela, Apr 11, 2005.

1. Vince A

Vince A Active Member

I don't know if it was a freudian slip . . . bareass me again!

2. pygmalion

pygmalion Well-Known Member

:lol: :lol:

3. mamboqueen

mamboqueen Well-Known Member

It's amazing how much mile you can get out of a boob....double entendre intended!!!

:D

4. emanuela

emanuela New Member

Oh, I see! While I'm out working, you people are here having fun!!!
    I want to know why it's better to dance an argentin tango with a flat chested woman ... c'mon! Do tell, do tell :eyebrow:

5. gte692h

gte692h Member

:lol: ok, a conciously thought out freudian slip ! that was a very 'chandler-like' comment..

6. Sabor

Sabor New Member

not really, if we keep abreast of the situation.. i'm sure we can umm.. handle it :mrgreen:

7. tsb

tsb Well-Known Member

if we kept abreast of the situation, what would we do with the other?

8. newbie

newbie Active Member

It's better for me as I don't like it when I feel breasts touching my chest. That's why I dance A.T in the "open" way. When, dancing with me, a woman tries to go in "apilado" (leaning) way, I avoid it as far as I can by placing myself a bit perpendicular (and so not face to face), with contact only between my right shoulder and her left shoulder. But even so I don't like it as it gives me a kindda defensive posture with shoulders forward and chest backward, and the posture usually recommended by teachers is exactly the opposite (chest forward and shoulders backward)
    Yet, sometimes I have to dance close because the floor is packed, and it's were I prefer flat chested women. Japanese are my favourites...
    But I'm only speaking for myself. Some men, possibly even the huge majority of them, may actually like it when breasts are touching their chest.

9. Joe

Joe Well-Known Member

What's wrong with breasts touching your chest?

10. cocodrilo

cocodrilo New Member

If some guy were intentionally pulling away from me (or pushing me away) in order to avoid chest contact when dancing, it would be as odd as being groped! :?

11. newbie

newbie Active Member

What's wrong with eating a worm? It's full of proteins. But I don't like it.
    (Well, I suppose I would not like it. And the worm would not like it.)

12. pygmalion

pygmalion Well-Known Member

LOL. One of my former ballroom teachers, who was very, very gay, absolutely hated dancing in body contact for that reason. He couldn't stand the idea of breasts anywhere near him. I thought he needed to get over it, but hey. To each his own. I'm not saying he should go out looking to get breasts on him, but in body contact, it sometimes happens. If you can't deal, maybe teaching ballroom dance isn't the place for you. *shakes head* :lol:

13. cocodrilo

cocodrilo New Member

No kidding. Or maybe wear one of those "kendo" outfits! :?

14. Flat Shoes

Flat Shoes New Member

Weird. When I read something like that, I try imagining myself having to dance with close.. erm... groin-contact with another guy. So I guess we just have to accept that some people are wired differently.

Absolutely!

In a balboa class I took some time ago, one of the women also told me that some of the men in the class apparently were afraid of getting to close to the women. And for those who don't know, bal is a very close dance. You're supposed to get as close as possible, and press your breasts up against the guy (the women in class was more or less told so directly, while we men were supposed to hold our hands over our ears. :lol: ) Anyway, I guess some people are afraid of getting too much body contact. But then, some types of dance are not for these people.

But some times it was weird too, and this is almost on topic, one of the women were really short and round. With big breasts, at about the same level above the sea as my navel. That made the whole thing a bit akward. But it was more her height, or lack thereof, than the size of her breasts, that made things difficult. :)

So, on topic now, I've never had problem with dancing with anyone because of their breast size.

15. Lita_rulez

Lita_rulez New Member

How about being smaked in the face by the breasts of the sweaty palmed and beer sented man you are dancing with ?

What ? I just wanted to put things back in perspective :oops:

P.S.

Thanks Pygmalion. good to "see" you all again as well

:wink:

16. DWise1

DWise1 Well-Known Member

I can vouch for a man feeling very uncomfortable with the extreme closeness of Balboa and Collegiate Shag (as we were taught it, which I assume to be standard), both of which require very close chest-to-chest contact (or, lacking that, an extremely strong frame). At first, that is, but I have learned to deal with it, though I am still very shy about asking anyone but a woman from Balboa class to dance it.

Unlike the other men mentioned so far, I do like breasts and how they feel. But up until those first Balboa and Shag classes any kind of physical contact with breasts had for me always been something intimate and sexual. And sexual contact in dance is something that in class we men are drilled to avoid, so suddenly being instructed to engage in such contact is a conflict in our training. Even worse for me, since I was a very married man at the time (albeit at the tail end of a 28-year marriage that my x2b had started working on destroying), so intimate contact with any woman other than my wife also went against 28 years of training and my basically monogamous nature.

Apparently the key is for the man to stop thinking of it as sexual contact and to think of it as a vital part of his ability to lead in this dance. And I guess that smaller breasts help some men to make that mental switch. As for me, I'm too busy with the dance to think about that much anymore.

17. Flat Shoes

Flat Shoes New Member

Thank you DWise1, you put things into a better perspective for me. It is understandable that something that goes against what's normal behaviour and naturee for you, takes some time to get used to. I would also be more hesitant if the partner was a young girl, like in her early twenties (sorry to those of you in the early twenties that feel like more than young girls :D), while I'm 32 myself. It goes against my nature to push myself on anyone that I feel is much younger than me. (I don't push myself on other women either... but I hope you know what I mean and see the difference).

What I usualy say, is that dancing is about sexuality, but not necesarilly about sex. There is a reason I prefer dancing with women, it's about sexuality. But when I'm dancing, I usually never think about sex. I enjoy flirting with women, depending on who I'm dancing with, I may play on the sexuality, but since I have a girlfriend I am never making dancing with other women than my girlfriend about sex.

So when a nice woman is getting really close to me for a balboa, I enjoy the sensation, I enjoy her body, the feeling of her breasts against my body if I can feel that, and I enjoy that she's a woman, but since I'm no longer eighteen, and since it's about dancing and fun and not about sex, I don't get sexually aroused from this. There's a quite clear distinction for me.

18. Rosa

Rosa New Member

:lol: :lol: :lol:

19. Rosa

Rosa New Member

I go away for two weeks, and when I get back THIS is what's going on? :shock: :lol: :lol: :lol:

Oh well, might as well make the breast of it...

Rosa :)

20. emanuela

emanuela New Member

I'm not sure if I "appreciate" the comparison of a voluptuous chest with a worm. ... :roll: