Are flat chested women easier to dance with?

Discussion in 'General Dance Discussion' started by emanuela, Apr 11, 2005.

1. emanuela

emanuela New Member

Agree.
  2. emanuela

emanuela New Member

Then, wouldn't it be better to say that some men feel more comfortable dancing with flat chested women because they rather avoid body contact, instead of saying that flat chested women are easier to dance with? Sorry, but that statement made me feel "handicapped.'
    Anyhow, I should conclude that if a man is not asking me to dance, it's because my breasts gross him out ... hmmm ... :roll:
  3. Sagitta

Sagitta Well-Known Member

Don't worry about it E. I love plenty of body contact! :wink: :)
  4. DWise1

DWise1 Well-Known Member

Actually, the Balboa/Shag aspect seems to have digressed from the main discussion, since those dances are examples of full-on, cannot-be-avoided contact.

For the more general case, any contact that the man makes with a breast would be inappropriate. I cannot vouch for the other guys, but I have always been concerned about the need to avoid inappropriate touching. Yes, accidents happen and brushing happens, but I try to minimize those as much as possible. Part of that is from the dance training all guys get and part of it is my concern to not cause my partner any discomfort.

For the more general case, then obviously larger breasts make it easier for accidental touching to happen, which means that I need to take that much extra care in preventing said accidents.

However, breast size does not enter into consideration when I ask someone to dance. Besides, it would be very difficult for breasts to gross me out, so don't worry.

PS
    OK, I was grossed out once. In a main-stream movie when a fairly well-known actress had a bedroom scene. [shudder] No, I will not name her.
  5. cocodrilo

cocodrilo New Member

Woohoo! Come on down! :D
  6. delamusica

delamusica Active Member

You know, to be honest, I've never once thought about it . . .

I've been trying to remember, and I couldn't tell you whether or not my breasts ever touch my partner in closed position . . .

The issue never crossed my mind! If they end up touching someone in order for something to be done correctly, then fine - it's dancing. Dancing is physical. Sometimes things are going to be touched. No big deal.

Of course, I can totally see how it would make some people uncomfortable in the same way that many people are at first uncomfortable with the inner thigh contact that happens in standard. To each his own.
  7. squirrel

squirrel New Member

Hmmm... come to think of it, there are guys I don't like to have intimate contact with... while dancing, that is...

I am very aware of the physical closeness of the bodies (and avoid some of it)... but I am not generally thinking about it... :)

Still there are guys that bring it to my mind, so I'd classify guys as:

1. those who I am attracted to - no problem to have physical contact while dancing (of any sort)... I am even looking for it... :oops: :oops: . But I don't mind them holding me while not dancing either. And I am not referring to a SO... Just guys I have no relationship with that goes beyond friendship. Somehow, if they attract me physically, I accept even crotch contact! :shock: :lol: :lol: :lol:

2. those who are indifferent to me... I don't even think about contact... it may or may not happen... I don't notice it!

3. those who I find disgusting (for various reasons) - I don't accept body contact almost at all... with some, I even refuse to dance!

Hmmm.... :roll:
  8. Flat Shoes

Flat Shoes New Member

I think most are like that squirrel.

With some there's an attraction, and I can enjoy the closeness. With others (most, I think) it's indifferent, and I don't think about it. And some I'd rather not dance with.
  9. squirrel

squirrel New Member

Probably, Flat Shoes... But I;ve only now thought about it! :)

Actually, what triggered this line of thought is something that happened last night...

I was teaching 2 of my students a choreography for a contest... and some move implied the follower's crotch to be pressed against the guy's crotch, really close. I haven't thought about it a bit! I mean, the two are married! But she wasn't getting it, so I had to show it to her... and when my partner had to take a phone call, I had to show it to her using her partner... I did it several times prior to becoming aware of it... It was just a thought, and none of them really noticed - the contest is getting close, we were focused on the choreography and there was nothing sexual about it on my part (or the guy's part)... but the moment I became aware of the closeness I couldn't do the move with him anymore... I just had to show it again and used my partner (who is also my BF)...
  10. Lita_rulez

Lita_rulez New Member

Interestingly enough, it's quite the opposit for me.

I don't mean to say that breast size is the only thing that I focus on to decide who I'm going to invite next, and that I could never dance with someone under 35D, but then again, I’d be lying if I said it does not come into play.

Dancing (well, it depends on the dance of course, but let’s face it, it still is the basis of a couple dance) is a rather sensual activity. So sensuality has a role to play.
    Sure, I come for dancing, and of course, dancing is what I get a kick from. But if I get into a club or a party in which I don’t know anyone. If I have no idea about anybody’s dance proficiency in the room, I’m still going to have to choose someone to invite if I don’t want to spend my evening standing dry by the wall.
    Since dancing involves closeness, I’d rather be close to someone I find attractive then not.
    And since cleavage, as some might remember, is a very important thing in my eyes (pun intended), well it does enter into consideration.
  11. Flat Shoes

Flat Shoes New Member

Beware of the dreaded awareness! :lol:
    (Or: the only thing we have to fear, is fear itself)

In a situation such as you describe, you act as a professional. So what you do is accepted and to a degree necessary. And if the students are serious about their dancing, they understand that. So even if you get oversensitive and embarrased, or maybe the guy was secretely enjoying it, being a professional and serious adult means either putting a lid on it, avoiding the situation for the moment (like you did), or just saying your excuses and that you're not comfortable with the situation.

I do think it's important to be conscious about the issue when it comes to younger people. A young woman can be very uncomfortable when an older guy is coming to close, even if it's strictly non-sexual and professional. And for a young guy, who have less control over certain functions of his own body, it could become very embarassing. :shock:

(always trailing of topic... hmmm... should say something about breasts now ... :p )
  12. Lita_rulez

Lita_rulez New Member

/me is confused as to what he has been talking about in his last post :?
  13. Flat Shoes

Flat Shoes New Member

Closeness that can be interpreted as sexual, in general. And not size of breast and possible problems when it comes to dancing, in particular. :wink:
  14. emanuela

emanuela New Member

Thank you!
  15. Lita_rulez

Lita_rulez New Member

Yes, now that you say it, I realise I was a bit too general in my post. Let me rephrase :

While dancing :
    Cleavage : me like
    No cleavage : me no like

While doing anything other then dancing :

While not doing anything at all :

Provisal :

No cleavage but green eyes and red hair : me like :mrgreen:
  16. emanuela

emanuela New Member

:lol: :lol: :lol: :wink:
  17. cocodrilo

cocodrilo New Member

To sum it up without quoting a quote of a quote-

Lita_Rulez likes cleavage and will accept flat-chested women as long as they have red hair and green eyes! :lol:
  18. Flat Shoes

Flat Shoes New Member

For a moment there I thought I could see a pattern... :lol:
  19. squirrel

squirrel New Member

I can promise a very short, tight and sexy skirt, but NO CLEAVAGE when we dance in Paris, Lita!
  20. Lita_rulez

Lita_rulez New Member

As a rule of thumb, I go for cleavage.

Then again, Confucius said : "rules are made to be broken"

Let's face it, who am I to argue with two thousand years of wisdom ;)