Are flat chested women easier to dance with?

Discussion in 'General Dance Discussion' started by emanuela, Apr 11, 2005.

1. fascination

fascination Site Moderator Staff Member

OMG...I SOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOO cant afford to look at this thread on board the ship at 50 cents a minute...but I would love to....anyhow...as long as you're touching...who cares;) ?

2. pygmalion

pygmalion Well-Known Member

:shock: Fifty cents a minute?!?! Yikes! You're going to have to take out a mortgage to pay for your internet access while you're cruising. :(

3. Shooshoo

Shooshoo New Member

Don't worry...I'm sure this thread won't die.

4. Rosa

Rosa New Member

As I've said before on DF, I love dancing salsa with other women, but it is easier if they have a smaller chest than me. Two sets of boobies dancing cheek to cheek are just too much to cope with! :rolleyes: :lol:

Rosa ;)

5. Shooshoo

Shooshoo New Member

Yeah, reminds me I was trying to show a friend of mine some steps and it felt very strange. We just stood there and giggled not knowing how and where to move.

6. fascination

yeah but today dh bought this fancy globe at little switzerland in st thomas so these 15 minutes are free for spending a buttload...think this might get me soem jewelry ? couldnt buty a ring yesterday...could only think that it was 25 lessons:rolleyes:

7. cornutt

cornutt Well-Known Member

I can assure me that if you dance salsa with me, that won't be a problem. :kissme: :raisebro:

8. caityrosey

caityrosey New Member

On the whole I prefer dancing with flat chested men...

9. mamboqueen

mamboqueen Well-Known Member

Good one!

10. Indiana_Jay

Indiana_Jay Active Member

Wow, someone we know is trulyaddicted to DF if she can't manage to stay off line while on a cruise, especially given the price of access!

Hope you're having a nice time, Fascination. Remember, I want to hear how St. Thomas looks (after you get home), because the last time I saw it was just after Hurricane Marilyn went through!

11. Indiana_Jay

Indiana_Jay Active Member

Regarding the topic, it's something I've never considered. Of course, My LW and I have been dancing only since last July and I dance mostly with her.

During studio practice parties, I have invited other women to dance but I don't think their appearance had anything to do with who I asked. It was mostly a matter of who was available at the moment. None of the dances I know (American style smooth and rhythm) seem to require close body contact (at least not at my learning level).

So in my experience, there's no correlation between the size of a partner's breasts and how easy it is to dance. Likewise, I find little correlation between a potential partner's appearance and the likelihood that I will invite her. But then, our studio practice parties are pretty friendly events, at which anyone will pretty much dance with anyone.

I believe Chandra suggested that she doesn't get invited to dance as often as she'd like and that she also implied that she is well-endowed. I believe she has also indicated in other posts that she is approximately 16 years of age.

I would suggest that if she is attending functions at which most of the leaders are adult men, some of those men might be reluctant to invite her because of her age, rather than her body shape. It might seem unfair to a teen girl, but I would probably feel uncomfortable dancing with a girl of that age, just because of the age difference. I would also tend to assume that a girl of that age would prefer not to dance with a man of my age. If other men think similarly, this could be as likely an explanation for Chandra's relative dearth of invitations.

12. lynn

lynn New Member

wait, is that the $$ they charge for accessing the Internet or is that the break down cost of the per minute cruise :rolleyes: ?

13. cornutt

Hmm. I honestly never thought of it that way. We have a few young women that attend our studio from time to time. And yeah, us middle-age guys do try to watch our language around them a bit, but that's just the same consideration that we'd try to show around anyone underage. I dance with them just like I'd dance with almost anyone else. I ask them about school; they ask me about work. My experience has often been that teenagers don't often get the opportunity to interact with adults on a peer-to-peer level, and that they are usually very appreciative any time they get to interact with an adult who isn't a parent, a teacher, or otherwise "in charge" somehow. I know I felt that way when I was a teenager.

I know how people look these days at older men interacting with teenage women (or almost anyone underage, really). I guess I've just always hoped that, within the confines of the studio and the dance, that kind of stuff could be left behind. If it can't, then that's pretty sad.

14. Joe

Joe Well-Known Member

The teens probably use worse language than you do.

15. cornutt

I know, but that doesn't mean I should encourage them.

{I can't find a good smiley for "bemused"!}

16. Sagitta

Sagitta Well-Known Member

Silly things. I dance with all, even the young ones. Age ain't no barrier for me. My dancing is always appropriate for the age of the person I'm dancing with, meaning kids vs adults and I think that's all that should matter. And this talk of breats also is a little ridiculous. No problems here at all, except thsi one time when this lady (short with huge breats) wore this piece of striking jewellry and revealing top and I just couldn't dance with her. :-( Next time she wore something a little better and I had no problem then.

17. caityrosey

caityrosey New Member

I don't think it's really a ridiculous topic. I am pretty used to dancing with guys who, for the most part, lack breasts. Now, on the rare occasion when I am lead by a woman it does take some adjustment...the contact, at least in smooth/standard just feels different, especially if the female lead is well endowed. Not saying there's anything wrong with it just that it is an adjustment.

18. fascination

the first:(

19. Twilight_Elena

Twilight_Elena Well-Known Member

:shock: Run AWAY, fascination! It's too much moneeeeeeeey!

Twilight Elena

20. Sabor

Sabor New Member

oh great.. another discussion about boobage..

dont u peops ever have enough..

------

off the record:
    support this thread :)