Are flat chested women easier to dance with?

Discussion in 'General Dance Discussion' started by emanuela, Apr 11, 2005.

1. Sagitta

Sagitta Well-Known Member

I guess we all aren't as lucky as you. ;-)
  2. Sabor

Sabor New Member

true.. jejeje
  3. fascination

fascination Site Moderator Staff Member

but I must get my DF...pouty face...
  4. lolita

lolita New Member

i dont think it has anything to do with easier or harder.. or anything actually.
    and maybe i am not a lead..i dont know. but ..its kindda scary and annoying,
    cuz if leads agree that it is easier to dance with flat chested women..then i might wanna quit dancing. :(
  5. timbp

timbp New Member

I don't see how it could be easier or harder to dance with flat chested women technically. But it could be different socially.

With a larger breasted woman, breast contact during the dance is more likely, and if a guy is uncomfortable with this he might start avoiding such women. But I think it more common that guys get used to this sort of contact in dance, and learn the different rules between "on the dancefloor" and "off the dancefloor".

in one post, emanuela specifically mentioned argentine tango. I've not yet tried this, but I imagine any problem is again social rather than technical. Larger breasts might make breast contact stronger, more obvious, and more uncomfortable for those not used to such contact as the partners enter the embrace, but once the partners are in position, I would not expect it to affect the dance much.

Of course there are extremes. If a lead has to worry about his partner's balance and his partner's breasts' balance, it might be too difficult, so he'll choose another partner.

Tim

PS. I believe that "more than a handful is a waste".
  6. Twilight_Elena

Twilight_Elena Well-Known Member

... I should be offended, technically, but this is a good rule! On comfortable boob size, that is.
    Not that it gives anyone the right to start groping potential partners! ;)

Twilight Elena
  7. musicchica86

musicchica86 Active Member

Well now, that all depends on how big your hands are, now doesn't it? Hehe....
  8. Twilight_Elena

:doh: I should have expected this. I think I did.

Twilight Elena
  9. diputs

diputs New Member

Women that can dance are easier to dance with regardless of their chest size.
  10. musicchica86

musicchica86 Active Member

Sorry, couldn't help myself.:uplaugh:

And diputs, always such the gentleman!:cool:
  11. Twilight_Elena

I bet you say that to all the girls you meet.;)

Twilight Elena
  12. chandra

chandra New Member

... I need a big handed guy...

Ayuh... I still dont know of any girl who has a hard time balancing due to abnormally large boobs... I cant imagine it unless she is like 4 ft. tall, E cup (does this exist?) and reallly really skinny... Even then, I bet shed be able to balance herself. She has to walk around like that all day you realize.

I think large other areas tend to come with large breasted women, and that maybe balances things out ;)...
  13. fascination

I think a large tummy would be a bigger deal...but that wouldnt be nearly as fun to talk about...ahem I think I would fall into the hourglass category...and I have never had a complaint or a problem...its the ribcage that counts IMO
  14. diputs

diputs New Member

The expererts have concluded that if Barbie was a real person that her proportions would be impossible.

15. mamboqueen

mamboqueen Well-Known Member

On a similar note...this book I'm reading about dance physics has an interesting point. The author says that light women are a little harder to lead because if they lose their balance and the man has to make an adjustment to get her back on balance, it's harder, because she has to be further along in her loss of balance for the man to sense it. A heavier woman's loss of balance is more obvious.
  16. Indiana_Jay

Indiana_Jay Active Member

I seriously considered making a comment about the size of my ...

hands ...

but decided discretion is the better part of valor!

-IJ
  17. fascination

good boy...its no fun under the desk without SD
  18. fascination

some pros I've talked to agree...it isusually their light ladies who have balance issues and are hard to manage...as for proportions...I'll worry about it when my dh or my pro does
  19. Indiana_Jay

Indiana_Jay Active Member

Thanks for the ego boost! :rolleyes:
  20. fascination

it wasnt an anti IJ comment...it was just a pro-SD comment....I have to smoke him out somehow...:cool: ...sides he was the one who offered to join me under there