Are flat chested women easier to dance with?

Discussion in 'General Dance Discussion' started by emanuela, Apr 11, 2005.

1. fascination

fascination Site Moderator Staff Member

now dont be mad...we hoosiers have to stick together

2. fascination

people born and/or residing in Indiana...sorry

3. Rosa

Rosa New Member

Hoosiers? :confused:

Rosa :)

4. fascination

i dont know what the word comes from but that is what it pertains to...and it is the name of the IU sports team

5. Rosa

Rosa New Member

Thanks! Sorry, my post appears to have done the time warp... :roll:

Rosa :)

6. Indiana_Jay

Indiana_Jay Active Member

As a Hoosier myself, I find the following to be a credible definition:

A Hoosier (pronounced by most natives as Hooz'-yer) is a resident or native of the U.S. state of Indiana. The term is commonly accepted and employed at all levels of discourse by Hoosiers themselves, and is considered neither derogatory nor informal. The word Indianan, as either noun or adjective, is rarely used by or about natives of Indiana. Deriving from common usage, "Hoosiers" is the team name for Indiana University athletic teams, and a movie staring Gene Hackman about Indiana high school basketball was also called Hoosiers (in which Indiana_Jay appears as an "extra").[SIZE=-1]

[/SIZE]According to the Oxford English Dictionary, the etymology of the word is unknown, but it has been in use since at least 1826. According to Bill Bryson, there are many suggestions for the derivation of the word "Hoosier," but none is universally accepted.

It first came into general usage in the 1830s. John Finley of Richmond wrote a poem,The Hoosier's Nest, which was used as the "Carrier's Address" of the Indianapolis Journal, January 1, 1833. As it came into common usage, the debates about the term's origin began.

More at [SIZE=-1]en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Hoosier[/SIZE]

7. fascination

okay now....c'mon...be my buddy...c'mon;)

8. Indiana_Jay

:?:

9. fascination

well you seemed all wounded then you disappeared....I was worried that I really had slammed your ego for a moment there...I dont usually assign that much power to myself...but you're a pretty sensitive guy...in a good way

10. fascination

on second thought you are also a GUY...so you 'prolly never gave it a second thought;)

11. Indiana_Jay

Nah, I'm OK. And I didn't disappear... I popped back in with the Hoosier definition, remember?

12. tanya_the_dancer

tanya_the_dancer Well-Known Member

So folks, what's the consensus on this? Are we, well-endowned girls, easier or harder to dance with? :)

13. fascination

I dont think there is a concensus...I think we think that good dancers are easier to dance with

14. Indiana_Jay

Perhaps the well-endowed ladies should ask some of the guys with whom they dance and report back their responses!

15. It's Wonderful

It's Wonderful New Member

Weeeellll, I might just give that a try this weekend :raisebro:

16. chandra

chandra New Member

yah yah yah ;)

haha, i too am an hour glass figure. I was actually thinkg of the hips region with my "other parts too" comment.

17. Sagitta

Sagitta Well-Known Member

Not a matter of easier or harder. One has to adjust just like a tall person adjusts to dancing with a short person, or a short with a tall one.

18. Indiana_Jay

Now there's a topic to which I can relate!

19. fascination

as long as I am in proper frame and have my ribcage nicely tucked up to his...I find no complaints at all...and these are guys that would level with me...I think it depends upon how large thoug as well as how the lady holds herself....I mean any extreme is going to require some adjustments....I'm er ...larger than barbie but not pamela anderson...and dont see the problem...now obviously newer guys are sort of freaked out about anything touching and I think they would be regardless of size

20. Indiana_Jay

Now I gotta scroll back and find that Barbie post! :twisted: