Awful Music

Discussion in 'Ballroom Dance' started by hereKittyKitty, Feb 24, 2012.

1. dlliba10

dlliba10 Well-Known Member

Womp womp.

2. opendoor

opendoor Well-Known Member

These 20 seconds at the beginning seem to be the best section of that whole track!

dlliba10 and tequila like this.
  3. ajiboyet

ajiboyet Well-Known Member

Hear it coming? That's giving me a lot of food for thought...

It would be cool if the MC could say something like "and the quickstep, ladies and gentlemen" when the music is going down, and then the DJ checks that most of the couples have stopped dancing, before he turns it up again. If you just turn it down and then up, people will be confused.

I wouldn't even try to do all those intro movements. And I would muster my nastiest scowl, so anyone who looked my way would get the message.

4. cornutt

cornutt Well-Known Member

:p That's been played recently by the DJ at our studio. He also has jazz foxtrot versions of The Offspring's "Come Out and Play" and the Mario Brothers game theme.

5. Lya

Lya Member

They do Chacha characteristics the whole time, even in the long intro. Great job of them!!! love to watch :)

6. chrisjohnston

chrisjohnston Well-Known Member

Great piece of music but this brings up an interesting question.I actually did dj a recent USA Dance comp where I had to play the music 1.40.I know that this was over 2 mins but Tal only danced for 1.10.
    Maybe I should get my amateur status back as this seems a lot easier than pro-am.(btw I really like Tals dancing and of course he had no control over music)

7. chrisjohnston

chrisjohnston Well-Known Member

Sorry for the double entry.Computor probs this morning

8. latingal

latingal Moderator Staff Member

no worries....I deleted the duplicate.... :)

9. Mr 4 styles

Mr 4 styles Well-Known Member

okay that was funny!!!!!!!!!:D

10. katherinejh

katherinejh Member

I've been very public about this on FB, but I purposely run a "bad music" round at a university team local to me specifically because sometimes the music we get is so bad.

11. cornutt

cornutt Well-Known Member

Please share with this some of the selections... :D

Mr 4 styles likes this.
  12. Mr 4 styles

ditto give em up katherine

13. ajiboyet

ajiboyet Well-Known Member

I just want to say, first off, that I love this version. I laughed when I heard it, and it was on repeat, for God knows how long.

However, so help him/her God, let no competition or social DJ attempt to play this.

ETA: Oh, Katherine, give it up.

smidra86 and Terpsichorean Clod like this.
  14. Miss Silly

Miss Silly Active Member

BAAAAHAHAHAAHA!!!

15. Mr 4 styles

im going to rip it and play it at our usa dance !!!!

danceronice likes this.
  16. Mr 4 styles

cha version not too bad either:D

17. smidra86

smidra86 Active Member

I was just at a competition this weekend, and the music wasn't bad per say, but for open there were 2 heats in the quarter final, and they played music for the first heat from the beginning, and I was in the second heat so I was all excited that we get to hear the music and can easily get into our dancing and our choreo in latin is phrased very precisely, and instead of just starting the music again for the second heat, the dj just played it continuing from before, so there was no intro and we couldn't get the right phrasing.... it was rather frustrating...

Also, I wanted to mention, let's never start playing the first minute of jive and then say, oh sorry we need to restart that. Fail. :-( My knees wanted to give out.

Also 2 minutes of a fast jive that is prob not competition speed, never again, please..... have mercy.

danceronice likes this.
  18. smidra86

smidra86 Active Member

At about 1:55 the foxtrot starts. Is it just me, or does the song start REALLY REALLY fast and then slow down to be really slow?

19. dlliba10

dlliba10 Well-Known Member

Yep. Sounds like Peter nicked the tempo slider and only caught it 10 seconds in ...

20. smidra86

smidra86 Active Member

Well not only that, I think he also slowed it down to much slower than regular am foxtrot speed....