Awful Music

Discussion in 'Ballroom Dance' started by hereKittyKitty, Feb 24, 2012.

1. dlliba10

dlliba10 Well-Known Member

Bolero version of Radiohead's High and Dry that I found the other day. Interesting stuff.
  2. Terpsichorean Clod

Terpsichorean Clod Moderator

My current earworm :eek:
  3. Joe

Joe Well-Known Member

Presumably not this one?

Bailamosdance likes this.
  4. Bailamosdance

Bailamosdance Well-Known Member

Richard Cheese is my hero!
    Mr 4 styles likes this.
  5. Miss Silly

Miss Silly Active Member

Hahahah I know that one. I actually really like it (probably because I think it's the most odd match up of lyrics and musical feeling). Like a musical joke lol
  6. Miss Silly

Miss Silly Active Member

Oh sorry I'm on my mobile device. I meant the Creep version by Karen Sousa...

That other one is pretty funny too lmao
  7. Mr 4 styles

Mr 4 styles Well-Known Member

DITTo and its on my ipod now

absofrigginlutely !!! i agree.... he needs to make longer cuts so we can dance to them in competition!!!!:eek:
    Terpsichorean Clod likes this.
  8. Joe

Joe Well-Known Member

I use many of them on my iPhone for practice. :)

On another note, why do comp DJs use "ballroom" covers of songs that are perfectly fine--if not better--done by the original artists?
  9. dlliba10

dlliba10 Well-Known Member

If it comes packaged on a Dancesport CD and labeled as proper tempo and format, it's probably easier to use than to pull the original track, verify the tempo, ensure cuts for proper intros and no weird interspersed bars, etc.
    ajiboyet and smidra86 like this.
  10. smidra86

smidra86 Active Member

No the one by the lady.... :-/ but even this one I'm kind of not a fan of...
  11. katherinejh

katherinejh Member

Well one of my rounds is a standard round entirely made up of covers of Sex Bomb.
  12. ajiboyet

ajiboyet Well-Known Member

Oh dear Lord...

That's a song I really dislike, even in its original form. I can only imagine...
  13. smidra86

smidra86 Active Member

that is kind of awesome actually....
    Mr 4 styles likes this.
  14. katherinejh

katherinejh Member

Hey if you can get through a bad music round that I run, comp music will be no problem.
    ajiboyet and dlliba10 like this.
  15. mindputtee

mindputtee Well-Known Member

Can you post a link for the quickstep version? I know someone who needs to hear this song over and over again.
    smidra86 likes this.
  16. Mr 4 styles

Mr 4 styles Well-Known Member

ditto actually i want the whole sex bomb round
    smidra86, danceronice and Janson like this.
  17. londongal

londongal New Member

Sex bomb waltz?o_O

I thought the tango in this Mirko and Edita honor dance was truly terrible. Cannot stand the incessant thumping and the techno-ness (?!)
    The tango starts around 1:35 [youtube v=4iG1hkZ-o-E]
  18. katherinejh

katherinejh Member

with appropriate tempo adjustments.
  19. NonieS

NonieS Well-Known Member

I just remember hearing it at a comp and thinking, "so he's either trying to turn a straight dude gay, or a lesbian straight... wut????" It just becomes a very different song when sung by a guy haha.
  20. NonieS

NonieS Well-Known Member

Ok, I take that back. In this version, he clearly sings "don' cha wish your BOYFRIEND," so my bad.

Though the first time I heard it at a comp, I could have sworn he said "girlfriend," and all I could think was how he was the wrong gender, so any self-perceived hotness on his end was irrelevant.

Unless the person was bi..... Ok wow I really need to stop now.
    Mr 4 styles and smidra86 like this.