Ballroom Dancer: Documentary feat. Slavik & Anna

Discussion in 'Ballroom Dance' started by J4cki3, Oct 15, 2011.

1. shimkirina

shimkirina New Member

According to dancesportshow, Ballroom Dancer will be Starring:

Slava Kryklyvyy
    Anna Melnikova
    Michael Malitowski
    Joanna Leunis
    Espen Salberg
    Carolyn Smith
    Anastasia Melnikova
    Hans Galke
    Sandro Alexander Hoffmann
    Justinas Duknauskas

I'm guessing Anastasia Melnikova is Anna's sister. I wonder if we will see how Justinas and Anna fall in love?
  2. Natasha.

Natasha. Member

Yes, she's Anna's younger sister. She's dancing with Nikita Brovko in Amateur.
  3. ajiboyet

ajiboyet Well-Known Member

Anna Melnikova looks borderline unrecognisable without tan! I almost didn't recognise her in the Carolyn Smith scene.
  4. Natasha.

Natasha. Member

5. Loveablestef

Loveablestef New Member

Does anyone know how we can actually see the movie? Im very interested but don't see where it is playing, when the DVD will be released, or if the movie can be watched online. Thanks!
  6. latingal

latingal Moderator Staff Member

Welcome to DF Loveablestef!
  7. Loveablestef

Loveablestef New Member

8. Yanou

Yanou Member

I became a fan of Ballroom Dancer on FB so that I can get updates. I will post any info regarding the release or you can become a fan of the page yourself. Search for "Ballroom Dancer" on FB.
  9. MissSongbird

MissSongbird Member

Really hope to see this one day. I've shared the trailer with a few of my fellow ballroom dancers and they are excited to see it as well.
  10. costa226

costa226 New Member

definitely want to see this. if anyone finds out how this could be seen please post back to this post, would be great
  11. sambanada

sambanada Active Member

Is this available on DVD yet?
  12. MissSongbird

MissSongbird Member

I looked on their facebook a few days ago and they commented to someone that they are pushing to have it released in the first half of 2012.
  13. TinyDancer109

TinyDancer109 Well-Known Member

FYI - coming to NYC in April
  14. scotttocs

scotttocs Member

15. ChaChaMama

ChaChaMama Well-Known Member

16. Meagan

Meagan Active Member

Me too! Can't wait to see it!
  17. sambagirl

sambagirl Member

Me too! Have tickets for the 23rd.
  18. JefeJP

JefeJP New Member

It was posted on Youtube for a short while before being removed due to Copyright issues. But, I did manage to catch it!
    Truly heart-breaking film, although I don't know who to root for in the end - Slavik or Anna.

On a side note, they spoke mostly in Russian to each other and the version that I saw had Danish subtitles so unless they put in the English ones, it'll be tough to follow along.
  19. GJB

GJB Well-Known Member

Interesting comment since everyone always seems to blame blame Slavik.
  20. Casey

Casey Member

I saw the Danish subtitle version and am guessing what JeFeJP was alluding to is that you can see both viewpoints in this film. The easy thing to say is that it is Slavik's fault. Well, of course it is Slavik's fault in that he does have a tragic flaw in the Greek mythology sense. He needs to be perfect and is so intense and driven that he can't get outside of that. He knows he is driving Anna away, and presumably his other partners. He even made a reference to that at an interview one of the online shows did at Miami one year when he said that he didn't know how long Anna would be able to stand to dance with him. But he can't help himself. Anna kept trying to bring him up. She said she was a happy and positive person. Finally, she couldn't deal with it anymore and went toward what is, one hopes, a happy and positive relationship. It's Shakespearian or Greek, but definitely our version of a tragedy. It's like one of those situations where you always think you will be the one who can deal with the tortured artist, but in the end, you can't. The tortured artist goes on and you escape. The only problem is that with ballroom dancing, one needs a partner, so the tortured artist ends up looking in the mirror at the end of the day and kissing his shoes goodbye. And he is lost to us.