Ballroom Dancer: Documentary feat. Slavik & Anna

Discussion in 'Ballroom Dance' started by J4cki3, Oct 15, 2011.

1. Casey

Casey Member

One strange thing, though, is that I think the subtitles were Dutch.
  2. Jananananana

Jananananana Active Member

I'm not sure whether you're saying that to be funny...but obviously they're not going to show the version of the film from the DMCA violation with Dutch subtitles at Tribeca....come on now...
  3. Casey

Casey Member

The version of the film that was up on the internet had subtitles. I thought they were in Dutch, which was strange because the filmmakers are Danish. But it has been a while since I have seen it and someone said it has been taken down now, so I won't try to check. One would hope for English subtitles when the film is shown officially at a film festival in the U.S.
  4. vit

vit Active Member

Film was actually shown on Belgium TV. Someone recorded it and it was also available on YouTube for short period of time. It was in February. That said - I was expecting it to be better, but however, part of the reason for this opinion is that my knowledge of both dutch and russian language is zero, so I'm gonna watch it again, once it is officially available
  5. ChaChaMama

ChaChaMama Well-Known Member

New York magazine named it one of the nine movies to catch at the Tribeca Film Festival and the The Village Voice featured it as one of fourteen films most worth seeing! I'm going next weekend. :)
  6. Casey

Casey Member

Oh, thanks very much for explaining that!

I'm going to postpone my angst attack, too. Slavik & Daria/Dasha are doing a show at a comp in Miami next weekend and I just bought a ticket online. The first year he and Karina danced, he at least came to Blackpool, but they didn't dance. So in case that happens again, at least I will get to see them in some form. Maurizio & Andra are dancing, too. There's a link to the comp site in the thread on Slavik & Daria.
  7. scotttocs

scotttocs Member

English Subtitles.

Saw it Saturday, and the directors were there answering questions.

I really really liked the film. I thought they struck a really good balance between having dance and it being *ABOUT* Slavik, and not a dance film.

The soundtrack was also excellent, and very very well selected.

SO many of the things hit home, in so many ways.
  8. Dupont

Dupont Member

Chemicals

Sorry for the minor question in this epic story.

At 2:12, she sprays something on her feet from a white container. What is it? Can non-competitors benefit from it?
  9. J4cki3

J4cki3 Member

Was probably just tan.. but i could be wrong... :) Or... umm.. deorderant for... smelly feet?? :tongue:
  10. chomsky

chomsky Well-Known Member

I'm so looking forward to the viewing here in Greece! so, so looking forward to it!!!
  11. ajiboyet

ajiboyet Well-Known Member

Seriously???
  12. samina

samina Well-Known Member

spray tan
  13. gingerbread

gingerbread Member

I won't be able to see it at Tribeca Festival as I am out of town those nights and it's true, it is no longer on youtube. I am very upset. Could you flag us anyone, when you find out it is available on DVD??? I would be immensely grateful Somehow I do not think it will be picked up for general release. I love the trailer!

14. Meagan

Meagan Active Member

At the festival, the director said they were currently speaking to distribution, so hopefully information on how to get it will be available soon (although I think he said there were a few more festivals scheduled and they were hoping for a theater release).

The movie was really great, I'd highly recommend everyone going to see it if they have a chance!
  15. sambagirl

sambagirl Member

I've spoken to the director and producer about DVD availability, and they are targeting a summer release.
  16. A DVD would be great! I know everyone will buy it.
  17. Lya

Lya Member

Great news!! Thank you :banana:
  18. TinyDancer109

TinyDancer109 Well-Known Member

if anyone didnt get tix for this saturday because there were sold out, they just put more tix on sale for a different theater but at the same time.
  19. White Chacha

White Chacha Active Member

Hahahaha. Sorry, but probably someone will buy it and then post it to youtube. Then nobody will buy it. They should probably make any money they can in theatrical release before doing a DVD or bluray. Sad but true.
  20. dancewi

dancewi Member

just wanna let you know that you can watch it on youtube.
    i just watched it!
    http ://www. youtube. com/watch?v=eHOG47QOZI0&feature=plcp
    there are like 5 parts of it!
    you're welcome ;)