Ballroom Dancing Shoes (Latin)

Discussion in 'Dance Ads' started by Thebestdance, Jul 16, 2005.

1. Thebestdance

Thebestdance New Member

Hi All.

My name is Phillip and I am starting a new line of Ballroom dancing shoes. My partners and I are based out of New York City and we have a good amount of experience, but I always value input from fellow dance lovers. I already have my shoes in a few retailers here in New York but please feel free to browse my site and leave me some feedback. If you're interested in purchasing some shoes, then feel free to mention that you came across the site via this forum and I'll offer free shipping (UPS Standard. Domestic orders only. Sorry).

But more importantly, I value your input. I'm about to start designing and producing my next season I figure the best market research I could possibly gather would be from dancers themselves. Thank you all in advance for your help. The site is below

Happy Dancing!
    Phillip
    thebestdance.net

P.S. We're on Amazon too if you want to use your Amazon gift certificates!

P.P.S. - I tihnk I accidently posted this same entry in another Forum. My apologies. Please don't delete! :(
  2. pygmalion

pygmalion Well-Known Member

The best way to have your post stay undeleted is to come back and participate in other threads here. It really does seem like you have a lot you could contribute. 8)

btw, I tried to access your site but I couldn't get there. Not sure why, but please let me know when it's back up, because I LOVE to browse dance shoe sites and buy shoes! :lol: :lol:

Anyway, all that aside, I'm curious. What made you decide to go into the dance shoe business, and start your own line, rather than just becoming a distributor for an existing shoe manufacturer? 8)

And welcome to the forums, Thebestdance. :D
  3. Thebestdance

Thebestdance New Member

Thank you very much for the encouraging comments pygmalion. I just checked the site, so it shoudl be ok now, but just in case it isn't let me know. The site is still a work in progress so be gentle

I actually have been dancing on and off for a while. My family are very big fans of ballroom dancing and I've always enjoyed watching and participating myself. As for why I wanted to start my own line...well I've always sort of been one who marches to the beat of his own drummer (or in this situation, I guess dances to the own tune I suppose). Again thank you for your reply and I look forward to many othere great conversations!

Phillip
  4. pygmalion

pygmalion Well-Known Member

Cool. Thanks. The site is back up. Yay! :D

Best of luck with the product line. 8)

I'll head over later today and take a closer look. What is the sizing that you use? European? I notice that the ladies shoes are in sizes 35 - 39, so I'm assuming sizing like Italian shoes (meaning American shoe size plus 30, give or take.) Is that right? 8)
  5. Thebestdance

Thebestdance New Member

Sizing

Yup. The sizing is Euorpean sizing. There is a size conversion chart available on the site for your convenenience. Feel free to email me if you have any questions. :D