Ballroom dress blog along

Discussion in 'Ballroom Dance' started by mindputtee, Oct 5, 2011.

1. mindputtee

mindputtee Well-Known Member

I bought him black socks for his birthday just for DCDI. Every day he wears unmatching white socks to practice. I think he does it on purpose now because he sees how it makes me spaz out.
  2. NonieS

NonieS Well-Known Member

I liked the dorky little clap you guys did at the end ;)

Stoning looks great and how lucky for you to have all that nice space to practice in!!! *jealous New Yorker*
  3. mindputtee

I think that dorky little clap kind of epitomizes our partnership hahahaha

We were really lucky to get 14 hours of practice space per week this semester! Unfortunately, they just re-waxed that gym floor and now it's very sticky and a little difficult to dance on.
  4. pygmalion

pygmalion Well-Known Member

Rule #1 The only place for a white sock is inside a tennis shoe. I've said it before. I'll say it again.
  5. JudeMorrigan

JudeMorrigan Well-Known Member

A practical rule, but there are rare exceptions. I think they all involve white *dress* socks though. I admit that I don't think I've run into a case where they were appropriate since I got out of the Navy (they were, of course, what I wore with my whites).
  6. pygmalion

lol.

You've gotta admit, this rule is a good place to start, for the sartorially challenged. :lol: And, of course, one would wear white with Navy dress whites. :cool:
  7. NonieS

NonieS Well-Known Member

Though hot pink could look really snazzy ;)
  8. NonieS

NonieS Well-Known Member

Haha I recently watched a video of my coach and I doing new smooth foxtrot choreography and at the end of it we do this magnificently uncool high five. Pretty special.

Ew sticky floors :( Recently waxed gym floors are just the pits. You can hardly do anything on them.
  9. pygmalion

If you go with hot pink, you'd better NAIL the footwork. :wink: :lol:
  10. Joe

Joe Well-Known Member

rofflecakes!
  11. dancerdol

dancerdol Member

Sending you good thoughts this weekend for the competition! Dress looks great and it is wonderful to see you dancing in the new dress with your partner. What an accomplishment to get to this point!
    BTW - you have a nice flow to your dancing together - very enjoyable to watch. Wish I was there in person!
  12. pygmalion

How did the dress work out?
  13. Lya

Lya Member

Your dress looks great! Thank you for sharing your creation! :)
    Pepper on shoe soles helps a bit...
  14. debmc

debmc Well-Known Member

Wow, you look great! The dress... and your dancing!
  15. 3wishes

3wishes Well-Known Member

ok, fess up, what am I missing here? Are you dancing in the green dress on a you tube video? DebMc...so not fair....as I stare at my fabric. Inquiring minds( mine) want to know. See the dress/dancer in action. i wanna i wanna i wanna.....
  16. 3wishes

3wishes Well-Known Member

oh, silly me, I had to back up a few pages to find it. LOVELY!
  17. mindputtee

I'll have actual competition videos up very soon! I didn't have my camera so they were taken on someone else's and I need to get the files from them.

The dress worked great though! I'm ridiculously easy to spot in every single video, it stands out quite well! I didn't step on it and it didn't fall apart, so I'd call that a big success! I'm looking forward to getting the professional photographers photos soon to get more views of it.
  18. mindputtee

Here's some "combat video"!

[yt]78hppQVVemI[/yt]
  19. Joe

Joe Well-Known Member

If you're gonna wear this dress, I think you should go back to red. I had a partner with a similar-colored dress, and her natural hair color was a kind of mousy brown. On a whim she dyed it red, it made her really pop in the dress.
  20. pygmalion

Yep. Red hair with this dress = pop. You'd look great ... er, MP. :-D