Ballroom dress blog along

Discussion in 'Ballroom Dance' started by mindputtee, Oct 5, 2011.

1. mindputtee

mindputtee Well-Known Member

Ouch. My current dress has a stoned part that swings out. Normally it's not a problem, but at a competition there was a latin general dance and I tried to do cha cha in it. Let's just say it could be weaponized.

2. pygmalion

pygmalion Well-Known Member

lol. I can just see it now. The murder was committed by mindputtee. In the ballroom. With excessive stoning.

3. mindputtee

I'm adding it to the ronde-kick-swivel attack.

4. pygmalion

pygmalion Well-Known Member

rotfl!

5. twothreefourone

twothreefourone Active Member

I love that video, hope "Klaus" makes a part 2!

6. Standarddancer

Standarddancer Well-Known Member

Love the phrase "weaponized" :) new and creative for ballroom dresses!

7. mindputtee

Quick update: Semester is finally done! There is time to sew again! I pulled out all the seams that were holding on the skirts as well as the seams holding on the bodice (necessary in order to restructure it) so now we're in business.

I am in the process of taking out some of the bulk in the skirt from around the hips so that it will have a more slim profile and not look bunchy.

8. mindputtee

I can't believe I'm actually saying this, but the sewing part of my gown (minus the floats) is now DONE! I'm going to be stoning before I add the floats because they're going to make it much more difficult to manipulate and just generally get in the way. So here it is!

[​IMG]

9. laucy.my

laucy.my Active Member

Woo hoo! That looks absolutely great on you! Great job! :D

10. Standarddancer

That's a beautiful color on you! Citrus green! Coincidence my new dress also citrus green but a different style. Your skirt is organza?

11. mindputtee

Yes, it is! The skirts are "lime sorbet" organza and the rest is "pistachio" but it's pretty much the same color.

12. Standarddancer

very pretty! I like organza for skirt. Can't wait to see after stoning and floats

13. JudeMorrigan

JudeMorrigan Well-Known Member

That's really nice! Good job, mindputtee. :)

14. singndance

singndance Well-Known Member

That looks just beautiful! I love the material in the skirt! Can't wait to see how you will stone it.

15. smidra86

smidra86 Active Member

looks fantastic! The color looks great on you.

16. latingal

latingal Moderator Staff Member

beautiful!! thanks for sharing it here on DF!!

17. mindputtee

Got my gem-tac back and started stoning last night! Here's what I've got so far (in a video because pictures don't do justice to rhinestone sparkle)

[yt]RTOzkjjCxNM[/yt]

It's going to have more "ribbons" of crystal stones going over the bodice and then some peridot stones over the other regions as well.

18. Joe

Joe Well-Known Member

And the skirt & sleeves?

19. mindputtee

Haven't gotten to them yet, skirt isn't going to be stoned, but I'm planning to do little ribbons of stones going down the top of the sleeves.

20. Joe

Joe Well-Known Member

IMO it looks a bit plain without a lil sumthin'.