ballroombeats web site

Discussion in 'Ballroom Dance' started by Akita, Sep 3, 2012.

1. Akita

Akita Active Member

I searched and didn't see any threads regarding the ballroombeats web site. Very nice practice and competition music that caters to ballroom and latin. They change the music weekly. You can't download, only stream. Different price plans depending on your needs/desires - plans for students, teachers and studio owners. You can try free for one week.

I don't work for the web site and have nothing to do with them. Just FYI. Google "ballroombeats" and you'll find it.

2. billman

billman Active Member

I also am a member, Great music for practice. The studio where I take my lessons uses it also.

Bill

3. Miss Silly

Miss Silly Active Member

Ooeee i'm going to do a trial. I love this kind of thing. Looks like they'll have an iphone streaming app soon! ;-)

4. GGinrhinestones

GGinrhinestones Well-Known Member

I was wondering when this would make it onto DF. This is a great site. Chris put a lot of hard work and thought into it, and it shows. It's nice to have a site for ballroom music that is run by a competitive ballroom dancer!

My teacher uses this software exclusively these days when we meet for lessons, since we meet at someone else's studio with a less-than-ideal computer setup. He brings his laptop and runs his iPhone as a mobile network, and it works beautifully - a huge collection of music in all styles that is always at the right tempo. I don't think I have ever heard the same song twice - so limited chance to get bored.

The iPhone app is in the works, but there are some unique programming challenges with Apple.

5. Miss Silly

Miss Silly Active Member

I signed up for a trial/student. I find that site super handy and quite enjoy it myself. I'm always looking for practice music so it's nice to find new songs that way, but also being able to stream it already at tempo is super ideal. Just want the app now ;-P

6. billman

billman Active Member

The studio where I take lessons uses it a lot for the Friday night dance parties. Great mix of tempos.

7. Stu22

Stu22 New Member

How do they use it and how much is the cost.

8. billman

billman Active Member

I am not sure of the cost for "Studio" use. They use it during the dance party along with their usual playlist. The website has a Dance party mix.

9. Stu22

Stu22 New Member

Do they play the Dance Party Mix from an I Phone or a Lap Top

10. billman

billman Active Member

They use a laptop. I use both a PC and my phone with external speakers.

11. White Chacha

White Chacha Active Member

I just looked around the website. All the pricing information is there.

12. White Chacha

White Chacha Active Member

It seems like a good value proposition. A good `made for ballroom' CD costs around $25-30, and you get maybe one or two outstanding songs for that, with maybe a handful of other OK ones.

The thing you have to worry about if you're a studio is having your internet connection go down and then having no music. So you're still stuck maintaining a library of music.