Barbara Moore: Playboy Playmate and DanceSport Competitor

Discussion in 'Dance Articles' started by DanceMentor, Oct 22, 2003.

1. SDsalsaguy

SDsalsaguy Administrator Staff Member

I never said that was a reason *to* stop, only that it was the reason why *she* chose to stop. If she now finds other uses of her time more fulfilling, than why wouldn't she stop?

2. DancePoet

DancePoet Well-Known Member

I interpretted that the flipancy was regarding the topic of this thread, not a specific religion. ;)

3. DancePoet

Hmmm ... it must be Friday.

I realize, and it seemed it was answered as requested. It is ok she chose to stop, I just said I wouldn't. ;)

4. chandra

chandra New Member

Its funny how you can have so much passion for something, and spend so much time, and then it just fades away!

5. swan

swan Member

Barbara Moore hasn't competed for more than 1 year now. She was in the midst of planning the wedding when she stopped competing. What inspired this thread?

I wondered if they did get married and what happened to the status of Lorenzo's filing for bankruptcy.

6. SDsalsaguy

SDsalsaguy Administrator Staff Member

Well, the initial post for this thread was a reprint of Barbara's Dance Notes interview/article that was posted here (with permission) on Oct 22, 2003 -- back when she was still competing with Donald Johnson. No clue why it came back to life today... :lol:

7. DancePoet

Dancepoet was ... snooping? ;) :lol:

8. Merrylegs

Merrylegs Well-Known Member

Subjects for flippancy, sarcasm, facetiousness and head shaking abound in the article and this woman's life.

The first time I laughed all day was at Alemana's post, thanks!

I have so much to say about that article AND THE PICTURES that I don't even know where to start.

Well, actually, I do. The photo of her in the red costume is inappropriate. It shows way too much of her, um, lack of dance pants. While I would assume that someone in her line of work is more than comfortable with revealing that side of herself, it doesn't work in ballroom dancing. Competing 101: wear appropriate undergarments. This isn't the Champagne Room at the Cheeta Club. Cover it up, please!

I've actually seen her dance in person, several years ago. I felt that I was looking at a Barbie doll. It was at a competition on the East Coast and the collagen lips, silicone boobs and all the rest of it was just too much. And out of place that far from Hollywood. Even for ballroom, and you know that's saying something!

I also can't believe that the magazine let her plug her website like that. Shameless!

Also, I yawned when she said she came from a Christian conservative household and that, gee, she's now in Playboy. What a shock ! :roll: So many people have swung far into the other direction that I don't care to count them anymore.

And, yes, it's funny to poke fun at uptight people. And that includes Conservative Christians. I said it. OK?

If she had a desk job working at an insurance company no one would care.

9. alemana

alemana New Member

*choking on my gum*

my boss just came over to see if i was ok! hahah!

10. alemana

alemana New Member

from now on, whenever i see inappropriate clothing i'm just going to say, "Excuse me, this isn't the champagne room at the Cheetah Club!"

11. Merrylegs

Merrylegs Well-Known Member

Wait a minute. She said she takes 3 lessons a day, 5 days a week. OK, time for some math:

Assuming her lessons are $80 each that would equal $1200/week spent on dance lessons. $1200 x 4 weeks/month equals $4800.

She had (at the time the article went to print) 1,000 members on her site paying $14.95 per month to have her read their letters and give them advice. 1,000 x $14.95 equals $14,950.00.

$14,950.00 From website
    - $4,800.00 spent on lessons
    ---------------
    $10,150.00 remaining for other living expenses

I guess y'all should look for michelledimascio.com coming soon! Mention dance forums and get a discount. :lol:

12. Laura

Laura New Member

Using the power of Google, I found out what has happened to the love birds:

From http://www.thesuperficial.com/archives/003184.html

From his unofficial fan web site:

( http://www.lorenzolamas.info/eng/index.php )

There's more details at the above link, but I didn't post them here because I thought I should be a little family-friendly. Or something.

13. DancePoet

(Ok, we do need to be careful with the religious statements)

I'm not sure I'm really impressed with her looks either.

But, I've seen some very nice looking ladies who work for insurance companies. ;) :D

14. DancePoet

:lol:

15. DancePoet

:lol: As long as you look as good as those other ladies who work for insurance companies, you'll do just fine. ;)

16. DancePoet

Life is full of ... unfortunate situations ... :roll: :roll: :roll:

(Who was it that dragged this thread up from out of nowhere anyway. ;) :lol:)

17. cornutt

cornutt Well-Known Member

Is he not a one-L lama or is he not a two-L llama? We already know he can't be a three-L lllama...

18. alemana

alemana New Member

too much!!!!! LOL.

you know i have been posting that i had an alter-ego, with name and personal details, that i use in order to 'release' my inner salsera/rhythm queen. but honestly i feel like i may have found my new inspiration.

in fact i think i'm going to the cheetah club RIGHT AFTER WORK.

19. chachachacat

chachachacat Well-Known Member

I had thought Lorenzo Lamas was someone really old. ?
    Yes, I've seen Barbie Doll dance, with Richard and with Don.

No comment.

Except, HELLO, Barbie's measurements are UNREALISTIC!

20. alemana

alemana New Member

oh goodie, her site's still up.