Basic Wear to Practice

Discussion in 'Ballroom Dance' started by Anonymous, Oct 30, 2002.

1. Chris Stratton

Chris Stratton New Member

Finally broke down and bought real dance trousers - wasnting finding slacks long enough and my attempts to make them were not turning out the way I wanted. Today's high performance knits can do things more traditional fabrics just couldn't... and they handle being tossed in a bag better. Unfortunately, they don't air dry very well, may have to risk the dryer.

Trying to think of a comparbly crumple-resistant solution for shirts...

2. shortnsassy

shortnsassy Member

here's a link.

3. SPratt74

SPratt74 New Member

We had a formal dance once, and I wore a long gown. Not long to where it touched the floor or anything like that, but it was long enough to be stepped on. It was the worst lol.

4. etp777

etp777 Active Member

I just wear what I wear into office (lessons are during lunch break or right after work). Definitely not always ideal. Mostly fitted dress shirts, which is no prpoblem, but at times will wear jeans or baggier khakis, which annoys teacher when we're workign on tangos because she can't tell if I'm keeping knees "soft"

5. lil glam gal

lil glam gal New Member

so are you thinking of getting that one?
    x

6. SPratt74

SPratt74 New Member

I love those! I love the pink one! ;)

Kat - Can your skirts be cut on the bottom or something like that? Or is the material to where you can't mess with them?

7. DancinAnne

DancinAnne New Member

I have that skirt and I LOVE to dance in it. I wear it for lessons and practice parties.

8. DancinAnne

DancinAnne New Member

Where did you get your dance trousers... have been shopping for a pair for DH, but have been unsure about what to get and where... long enough is an issue for him as well, as he tall and thin. And georgeous. But I digress... send/post a link for me?

9. lil glam gal

lil glam gal New Member

dancesport-international is a good place.

10. lil glam gal

lil glam gal New Member

my dance partner brought a pair of competition trousers from there and then another pair for practice.

11. shortnsassy

shortnsassy Member

I think so. I want something that I can keep in the car or at the studio and not be too up set if it goes missing. I know that with whatever long skirt I get I will abuse it. I don't want to cry every time I step on a $150+ skirt.

Right now I practice in a $5 black lycra latin skirt, a $6 v-neck lycra tank, and hold you horse $15 dance shorts. In short I'm cheap.

12. Katarzyna

Katarzyna Well-Known Member

I think the hem would need to be cut.. I see some holes about 2 inches from the hem. i think it could be ok since the hem is uneven

13. shortnsassy

shortnsassy Member

Thanks for the rec!

I'm in MO too!

14. lil glam gal

lil glam gal New Member

yeah but always like to feel kinda dressed up in my lessons but not too over dressed. For example, I always wear a practice skirt a fitted t-shirt and ibviously my dance shoes lol.

15. SPratt74

SPratt74 New Member

Yeah for me what matters is comfort. I have worn some things in the past and was like what I was I thinking lol? I know what fabrics I like though, and tend to stick with those. I do need to start wearing practice skirts more though. I've got a few that I really like. But I'm bored with them lol. I want to update my look lol.

16. lil glam gal

lil glam gal New Member

some practice stuff that I have seen is really expensive.. although it is nice... I just can't afford that price just for one item

17. Katarzyna

Katarzyna Well-Known Member

I like the espen tops a lot.. the current collection is very nice. I think its good to invest in one nice practice outfit that can be used for visiting teacher lessons etc..

18. DancinAnne

DancinAnne New Member

Hey cool... what area of MO?

19. lil glam gal

lil glam gal New Member

kat that is a good idea... it's my birthday coming up may ask my boyfriend to buy me a nice new out fit :-D lol

20. shortnsassy

shortnsassy Member

DancinAnne, I'm in the St. Louis area.