Basic Wear to Practice

Discussion in 'Ballroom Dance' started by Anonymous, Oct 30, 2002.

1. Katarzyna

Katarzyna Well-Known Member

oh and if its black or red it can always work well for a tango show :)

2. lil glam gal

lil glam gal New Member

good point :-D lol

3. kimV6

kimV6 New Member

out of curiosity, am i the only guy who puts no other thought into practice wear outside of loose-fitting pants? which in my wardrobe, means just no girls jeans. everytime i go to rounds, everyone always seems to be wearing their work clothes, or at least that level of dress... meanwhile i'm usually coming from class, so i have on a t-shirt and jeans.

4. mamboqueen

mamboqueen Well-Known Member

Don't feel too clueless. All this time I thought you were the one wearing the pink dress. *doh*

5. NielsenE

NielsenE Active Member

Well I'm almost always coming straight for work, so I dress for dance in the morning :)

6. DancinAnne

DancinAnne New Member

Cool... that's not too far from my corner. I'll be in St. Louis in September for the Meet Me in St. Louis swing comp. DH and I compete on the WSDC circuit.

7. samina

samina Well-Known Member

i love the long very wide-legged pants my pro & his coach wear for lessons & coaching. dear lord, what a great look.

8. lil glam gal

lil glam gal New Member

Well, I'm all the way from England :) x

9. SPratt74

SPratt74 New Member

Um *cough* um... I did too lol! Lovely picture either way though lol! ;)

10. Kitty

Kitty New Member

I wear fitted yoga pants or a practice skirt for standard practice.

For latin I prefer to wear a short or knee-length skirt (can see legs better), or sometimes also yoga pants.

I bought a beautiful standard practice skirt in England that is too big on me (I'm tiny) and I'd like to get rid of it, asking a very modest price. The skirt is new, Sapiel brand, size 6, black stretch fabric with lace decoration on the bottom.

11. Chris Stratton

Chris Stratton New Member

Well first I think we have to ask how many guys have girls jeans in their wardrobe.

(and I don't mean because someone forgot to take them home)

12. DancinAnne

DancinAnne New Member

What's the waist measurement? Can you send me a pic?

13. etp777

etp777 Active Member

Heh, I try not to comment on that trend in general Chris, but it's definitely not unique. Comes up pretty often on style.com's forums. :)

14. DancinAnne

DancinAnne New Member

Bragger. ;) I LOVE your corner of the world. Have visited a few times and am anxious to go back!

15. DancinAnne

DancinAnne New Member

I wondered about that...

16. lil glam gal

lil glam gal New Member

Well the downside is obviously the weather :-( grr it's been raining so much lately and it's supposed to be summer over here :-( But, the good side is that we have Blackpool :banana:hehe
    lol
    xxxxxxxxxx

17. SPratt74

SPratt74 New Member

I actually know a male dancer that does have girl jeans in their closet. He tried to get the other guys to go with him at the time of his next shopping trip, and they all said no lol. I've seen girls wear guy stuff, so why can't guys wear girl stuff lol? Maybe we shouldn't go that route lol. :p

18. lil glam gal

lil glam gal New Member

I was thinking of getting some of them practice shoes but I think it's just easier to wear the shoes that you will be wearing for your competitions now.

19. Katarzyna

Katarzyna Well-Known Member

I use my old competition shoes for practice..

20. SPratt74

SPratt74 New Member

Yeah. Even though I'm going to be looking for a new pair for competition, I'm not going to wear them for practice. Maybe once or twice, but shoes wear out. I'd rather keep my old ones around and use them for everything else.