Basic Wear to Practice

Discussion in 'Ballroom Dance' started by Anonymous, Oct 30, 2002.

1. kimV6

kimV6 New Member

not too many, especially amongst dance males, who already have enough tight latin pants in their lives. but i have an equal amount of girls jeans as guys jeans in mine, which i think is an indication of what looks good on my figure as opposed to any commentary on what guys have in their closets. my partner gives me so much grief though when i accidentally come to practice space with them on though.
    although my general comment was more about dancing in jeans in general, which i do all the time, gender sizing regardless. for instance, my partner doesn't complain when i wear loose-fitting jeans to practice, but amongst other dancers at rounds, it's rare i'll see anyone with jeans on. is this just me being a snot-nosed twentysomething? (that's an admittedly awkward adjective-noun combination)

it's okay, i get that a lot, probably about once a week. it's what happens when your ethnic parents give you a name that's easily confused with a girl's name (although to be fair to them, it isn't my whole name either).

2. Chris Stratton

Chris Stratton New Member

Who says they can't?

3. etp777

etp777 Active Member

Chris, that is a little disturbing. :)

4. Chris Stratton

Chris Stratton New Member

Sorry to offend, but I insist on campaigning for the social acceptance of comfortable practice shoes, even if they don't match the dress.

5. meow

meow New Member

Anyone wearing jeans, male or female, is frowned upon at our studio. Serious practice should be done is attire that allows full movement. Baggy jeans look sloppy and if you are working in front of a mirror alot of movement is hidden. It also looks 'bad' to people who may come in off the street to make enquiries about taking up dance for people to be looking overly casual. Black pants, t-shirt and/or shirt (males), Practice skirts and any top for the ladies. And definitely dance shoes. I've seen some people who think they can practice in sneakers or flip-flops. They are soon set straight.

6. mamboqueen

mamboqueen Well-Known Member

It may have been the hairy legs ;)

7. Terpsichorean Clod

Terpsichorean Clod Moderator

Apparently, mamboqueen wants Chris to shave his legs. Or wax.

8. mamboqueen

Whatever works... :uplaugh:

9. mamboqueen

and frankly, I'm a bit surprised that he would wear shoes that are so in need of a good polishing.

10. samina

samina Well-Known Member

the hair goes well with the shoes.

that is not a compliment. ;)

11. mamboqueen

I'm almost tempted to start a thread called "Give this Photo a Caption". I bet we'd come up with some doozies.

12. samina

samina Well-Known Member

lol... great idea.

13. SPratt74

SPratt74 New Member

I am all for that! ;)

14. SPratt74

SPratt74 New Member

I understand that. At least it's not a hard name to pronounce. ;)

15. fascination

fascination Site Moderator Staff Member

I try, when pro and I are at a studio, to dress in either my workout clothes or a wrap around dress if coaches are coming and he will wear a collared shirt and slacks...out of respect...but at pro's house....everything is fair game for both of us...shrug...guess it all depends on one's circumstance...

16. Terpsichorean Clod

Well, if you have an issue with it, then it's up to you to do something about it. ;)

17. mamboqueen

So you're suggesting that *I* should wax or shave him?!!

18. Terpsichorean Clod

Hmmm...maybe you'd prefer to tweeze him?

19. reb

reb Active Member

twop tweazing her

20. fascination

fascination Site Moderator Staff Member

:uplaugh: