Basic Wear to Practice

Discussion in 'Ballroom Dance' started by Anonymous, Oct 30, 2002.

1. Terpsichorean Clod

Terpsichorean Clod Moderator

I'll twop when she waxes me to.
  2. Peaches

Peaches Well-Known Member

I'm the same way. All of my pants are either dress-for-work pants (most of which need to be dry cleaned, and/or are too long for my standard shoes, and/or are wide leg so they won't show anything anyway) or jeans. Jeans it is. They're light weight, stretchy, show lines (b/c they're stretchy and form fitting), and go in the wash. Done and done. Or shorts.

I like my gauchos as well, b/c they're cool and comfy...but after a relatively recent lesson where I was told that he couldn't see if my legs were straightened b/c my, quote, "legs were too curvy" and he couldn't see them in the pants...well, I don't wear them anymore.

For me, it's the shirts that i have a hard time with. I won't wear t-shirts b/c they don't show lines. Most of my things are sleeveless (or backless), or they're too short and expose too much in any sort of dance hold, or they really show sweat, or (and this is a much lesser consideration) they're awfully low cut. I've kind of stopped caring about the low cut thing because it's one among many considerations, and has the least impact, functionally. (And, after dancing close embrace, it's kind of hard to get prudish all of a sudden.)
  3. reb

reb Active Member

alwight
  4. Ampster

Ampster Active Member

If its a hot day, I wear this: http://utilikilts.com/

Actually, I wear them anytime I can. Its so "Cool." :cool:
  5. Chris Stratton

Chris Stratton New Member

I hope you don't wear them, er, authentically.
  6. samina

samina Well-Known Member

careful... this greek has a wax pot & knows how to use it...:cool:
  7. samina

samina Well-Known Member

thought of you fondly yesterday, as i wore black stretchy gauchos to my studio practice w/ pro... with black nike zippy jacket over it... love that look. i should have a wardrobe of two dozen just for dance lessons & practice...
    (hmmm... wonder if i could more like that... my secondary summer mantra, it seems...)
  8. samina

samina Well-Known Member

oooo... i like those.
  9. samina

samina Well-Known Member

for ballroom purposes they'd have to have built-in utilipanties...:cool:
  10. reb

reb Active Member

I started having flashbacks to Chris' hairy legs-in-a-dress picture:shock:
  11. reb

reb Active Member

:doh:
  12. samina

samina Well-Known Member

yep... he posted a link to that a couple pages back... ergo the waxing discussion... lol :)
  13. Peaches

Peaches Well-Known Member

I hear ya. But it only takes one comment like that, then...not so much.
  14. samina

samina Well-Known Member

not so much what...?
  15. kimV6

kimV6 New Member

unfortunately it is. it's spelled kim, but pronounced keem. and like i said, it's not even my full name, which i had the pleasure of hearing school teachers mangle every year since i was six.
  16. SPratt74

SPratt74 New Member

Lol! I laughed so hard when I read this. You are hilarious lol! :p
  17. SPratt74

SPratt74 New Member

Lol! You poor thing. I have the easiest name to pronounce, so I'm a lucky one. But people that have like 20 letters in their name I have to feel for. Especially trying to learn how to spell that kind of name when you are like 5 or 6 years old lol!

Hmmm... trying to get back on topic. I can't because I keep laughing at Samina's remarks about Chris lol! ;)
  18. Joe

Joe Well-Known Member

Yes.
  19. Joe

Joe Well-Known Member

Your practice skirts are also shorter than your ballgown(s)...and it costs you the same, i.e. nothing. :razz:
  20. Yliander

Yliander Member

thats what my dance partner wears - well not utilikilts - just normal kilts in a variety of weird and wonderful fabrics

I tend to wear jazz pants as they are comfortable, cheap and easy to wash, I add to them a variety of singlets and t-shirts - and top it off with a fitted zip front sweat shirt.