Basic Wear to Practice

Discussion in 'Ballroom Dance' started by Anonymous, Oct 30, 2002.

1. Katarzyna

Katarzyna Well-Known Member

has anyone seen this dress live? is it wide enough in the skirt to actually dance in?

http: //danceshopper.com/dance-clothes.Dance_America_Long_Tie_Back_Gown_Silk_E1
    (paste into browser and delete space after colon) [moderated: latingal - inactivate commercial link]

2. skwiggy

skwiggy Well-Known Member

So pretty. If it weren't grossly expensive I would buy it in a heartbeat.

3. skwiggy

True, I am fortunate enough to have the holes repaired for free (thank you). But they don't do any favors to the resale value of the dresses.

4. Katarzyna

Yes I wouldnt' hestate if it was under 200... but... still tempting. does anyone konw if its good quality? is it worth the price? anyone seen it live..

5. skwiggy

Haven't seen it live. Tempting to buy it, stone it, and call it a costume. :)

6. Katarzyna

it would work as a costume or for shows.. really want this one, but wouldnt buy without seeing it first.. seen too many bad quality practice outfits to risk

7. samina

samina Well-Known Member

it's very pretty... i'd love to see how that skirt looks when it's moving...

8. Katarzyna

me too, that's why I am asking here. looks like a regular evening gown. doesn't look like a ballroom skirt, but cannot really tell

9. lil glam gal

lil glam gal New Member

this skirt is lovely how much do you think it would be if you transfered it into english pounds? x

10. Katarzyna

about 120 pounds I think

11. lil glam gal

lil glam gal New Member

ok i can see what you mean now it is quite a lot of money to depart with without seeing the skirt first x

12. Katarzyna

indeed. and I've seen some good products by this company, and some bad ones, so I wonder where does this one fall

13. Chris Stratton

Chris Stratton New Member

Email and ask the circumference of the hem?

14. lil glam gal

lil glam gal New Member

http: //danceshopper.com/dance-clothes.Dance_America_%20Peasant_Top_T12
    (paste into browser line and remove space after colon) - [moderated: latingal - commercial link inactivation]

that is really cute... i may consider getting that x

15. Katarzyna

I could do that chris, but danceshopper is just SO SLOW with responses..

lil glal gal, that's cute for latin :)

16. dancesportgirl21

dancesportgirl21 New Member

Same here. It's very pretty, but that brand is a bit of a toss up. If it looks as good in person, it would make a great dress for shows!

17. Ampster

Ampster Active Member

My legs are naturaly smooth. :D

18. Ampster

Ampster Active Member

Spandex/lycra compression running shorts by Nike, or Under Armour. That way, if someone chases me, I can just rip-off the Utilikilt and do a hundred meter dash unhampered... in dance sneakers.

19. samina

samina Well-Known Member

that would make for an interesting tanda...:cool:

20. kimV6

kimV6 New Member

you know what? the next time we see each other at rounds... i'll be dressed up. i'll even wear a tie. maybe even a tie bar...