Basic Wear to Practice

Discussion in 'Ballroom Dance' started by Anonymous, Oct 30, 2002.

1. SPratt74

SPratt74 New Member

I think that dress would be very pretty. Although, since I have no rear end, it might not look that good on me lol. And even if I did, I don't know if I would want my rear end to look like that in a dress lol. But that's just me though lol. I do think it's very pretty if you have the right figure for it! ;)

2. vcolfari

vcolfari Member

I've been really happy with the pants I ordered from http: //www.dancesportballgowns.com/ [moderated: latingal - inactivate commercial link]. Although the site only lists Latin pants, they made me a pair of Smooth/Standard pants.

3. latingal

latingal Moderator Staff Member

Hey all,

Just a gentle reminder, please do not post active commercial links in this thread. We generally test a link for "commercial" status by seeing if there is a "buy" button for the product being discussed on the page.

Thanks!

4. vcolfari

vcolfari Member

Sorry. I didn't realize that was the policy. Won't happen again.

5. DancinAnne

DancinAnne New Member

Thank you for that link... I'll go check them out!

6. latingal

No worries...thank you for understanding!

7. lil glam gal

lil glam gal New Member

yes I'm sorry about that too latingal :(

8. Joe

Joe Well-Known Member

See you in September
    See you when the summer's through...

9. latingal

no worries, glad to have you here....

10. sewbusy

sewbusy New Member

11. sewbusy

sewbusy New Member

For latin I wear leggings under a short skirt and a form fitting stretch top. My instructor wants to see my rib cage, hip movement, and ankles for turn out. When we move to smooth, I just pull a circle skirt over the short skirt.

12. sewbusy

sewbusy New Member

have skirts if you would like to inquire. pm

13. lil glam gal

lil glam gal New Member

Hi Could you please email me or PM me pictures of the skirts?

14. pnoisette

pnoisette New Member

Good Selection of Practise Clothes

Back Bay Dancewear online (we aren't allowed to post URLs but you can Google the) has a good selection of clothes for practise.

Scroll down to the Ballroom Apparel selection.

15. Ginger

Ginger New Member

Could I ask what footwear people are wearing to ballroom practice. I have an injury and need full support for my feet any suggestions.

16. waltzgirl

waltzgirl New Member

Welcome to DF!

When I hurt my foot, I wore dance sneakers for a while. I don't like them otherwise--balance is too different from heels--but they allowed me to dance while my foot was healing.

Depending on the injury, a regular pair of low-heeled lace-up practice shoes might work, too.

17. latingal

Welcome to DF Ginger. Yes, I think it depends on the inujury you have and what type of dancing you are doing. When I injured my foot, I actually had problems with shoes that had lower heels (rather than higher).

18. Ginger

Ginger New Member

Thanks so much for your very kind welcomes and advice. I have a condition called plantar fascia. It is very painful and it is recommended that you do not over use the foot while you have it but my love for dancing means I tend to ignore the good advice. I am attending an orthopaedic clinic weekly. Thankfully I have gone from 3 visits down to 1 per week but while walking is far less painful I have no results yet when I am dancing. The first half hour is excruciating and can bring me to tears. Its effecting my timing and consintration. We are starting competition next month and egar to find some comfort for our practice sessions and the comp itself. [/FONT]

19. Beccajelly

Beccajelly New Member

When I first started, I thought that I would need to get some great practice wear off the Capezio or Chrisanne website...however, I was advised to check out all the teenage stores et voila! I found jazz pants (capri and regular) at Charlotte Russe for $10 each, t-shirts and the practice skirt, I found at Macy's in the junior section. Be creative :) x x x I think I got 4 pants, 1 skirt, 3 t-shirts for about 70 bucks or so. Not bad I thought when a "real" skirt can run you up to $100.

20. latingal

Welcome to DF Beccajelly!