Beautiful Inexpensive Dresses

Discussion in 'Ballroom Dance' started by pnoisette, Apr 24, 2009.

1. pnoisette

pnoisette New Member

As an amateur I do several comps and shows and don't see spending thousands on my dresses. Someone inquired about Rainbow Shui and I'd like to recommend Jasmine of Latino eshop as a consideration. Their dresses are incredibly inexpensive but much nicer in my view to Rainbow Shui's--some great designs, more refined, better workmanship and remarkable stone work for the price.

For those in the know regarding dress makers of Asia, the Vietnamese have long been considered the best seamstresses and tailors. You can request the color you want and whatever modifications of a design. They will work according to your measurements so you essentially get a "custom" job--usually all for under $200!! I've purchsed five or six dresses from them and believe me, some of their dresses are exquisite and I always get compliments and "where did you get your dress" reactions. People are usually incredulous when I tell them how much I paid for them!

http://cgi.ebay.com/BALLROOM-LATIN-SALSA-COMPETITION-DRESS-SIZE-S-ST39A_W0QQitemZ370185293865QQihZ024QQcategoryZ152361QQtcZphotoQQcmdZViewItemQQ_trksidZp1742.m153.l1262

http://cgi.ebay.com/LATIN-SALSA-BALLROOM-COMPETITION-DRESS-SIZE-S-LT138_W0QQitemZ180340974466QQihZ008QQcategoryZ152361QQtcZphotoQQcmdZViewItemQQ_trksidZp1742.m153.l1262

[moderated by latingal - inactivated commercial links]
  2. DanceAngel

DanceAngel New Member

Thanks for sharing the information. At some point in time I will need to get a Latin dress. These ones look really nice and I also like the price.

Thanks!
  3. DancinDrea19

DancinDrea19 New Member

im doing a competition in June and will need a dress- these are very nice and so is the price!:D

Thanks!
  4. danceronice

danceronice Well-Known Member

Was that the price *with* Swarovski? Because I have never seen a dress stoned in Korean rhinestones that didn't look...well, like it had cheap paste stones. The Preciosa stones that I've gotten from rhinestoneguy aren't as cheap as Korean but at least look much closer to Swarovski.
  5. llamasarefuzzy

llamasarefuzzy Well-Known Member

Sorry for reviving a zombie thread!!!
    I'm about to buy a smooth and a rhythm dress from latino eshop and I was just hoping that there might be additional people with insights into this vendor.
    Just for background information- I'm a collegiate dancer starting to do gold/open in need of a "sparkly" costume. I've previously purchased an unstoned dress from RainbowShiu and was very pleased. Can I expect the same quality from this vendor? My expectations are realistic- I'm not expecting a Dore gown. Is this a reasonable place to buy?
  6. Lioness

Lioness Well-Known Member

I bought both of my dresses from latino eshop...you can find pictures in my album.

I found her very good with making them to my measurements...the stones are cheap, but for an inexpensive dress, they suffice. It doesn't look too bad on the floor, but if you really wanted swarovski or preciosa, you can order it unstoned, or she has a price for swarovski, I believe.

Some of my stones fall off when I try on the dress, but not so many that they are noticeable.
  7. Lioness

Lioness Well-Known Member

Though it seems that the photos page is down...you can PM me for photos.
  8. dlliba10

dlliba10 Well-Known Member

I've gotten multiple shirts from them, and my partner got a fringe dress that lasted us throughout the entire first semester last year (she went abroad the second). For the price, the shirts and the dress were pretty fantastic. I second the note about cheap-looking stones, but you can pay more for Swarovski -- it's easy enough to indicate it on the form you send to them when you're ordering. She was also quick and responsive when I sent emails asking questions about customization. Highly recommended for an inexpensive, decently durable costume.
  9. llamasarefuzzy

llamasarefuzzy Well-Known Member

Thanks so much for all the replys! I feel so much better about ordering knowing it is a fairly reputable place. Now just waiting for the next paycheck, and I should be good to go!
  10. smidra86

smidra86 Active Member

I find if you buy rhinestones in bulk that danceshopper has the best prices. And they now sell preciosa.
  11. mindputtee

mindputtee Well-Known Member

firemountaingems . com actually is cheaper for swarovskis, even in 1 gross increments. Their selection isn't quite as wide as danceshopper's, but if you want some smaller packs to add more dimension to your stoning design, it's definitely a cheaper way to go. beadandtrim . com is also cheaper for preciosa stones, and they sell in both single gross packs and 10 gross factory packs.
  12. billman

billman Active Member

My partner (and wife to be) has 2 dress on the way from Star Dance Shop. Great prices!