Best Color Gown

Discussion in 'Ballroom Dance' started by smoothdancingirl, Oct 14, 2003.

1. Standarddancer

Standarddancer Well-Known Member

Is it Matthew Rooke & Anna Longmore? The dress she wore at’09 RS is a white dress with nude bodice with shiny appliqué (although doesn’t appear to be silver from pics); that’s not a bad dress at all IMHO, at least doesn’t look bad from photo. Am I looking at the correct dress?

2. Ithink

Ithink Active Member

See, this is what I mean: the shiny appliques looked silver to me (and they are!) and turned me off the dress, so much so that I even forgot it was overall white/nude, lol... I also didn't think it was flattering to her at all. To each their own I guess:)

3. Katarzyna

Katarzyna Well-Known Member

This particular one I LIKE a lot, I was considering buying it

4. Standarddancer

The appliqué looks gold (or black) from picture, the white skirt is beautiful although I’m not particularly interested in the nude bodice, the shiny appliqué doesn’t bother me from the photos at all; just not sure if it’s gonna to be getting in the way for connection – that’s the only concern.

5. Katarzyna

you can see in detain on

junedesigns.net site

I like it on photo there a lot

6. Standarddancer

Wow, you really so seriously like it, even checked out who designed it!!! thanks for the site

7. Katarzyna

No i knew this designer for a while now and knew they sponsor her. But yes I do seriously like it

8. Ithink

Ithink Active Member

It looks better in pictures than it did live. To me it looks more like a show dress than a comp dress.

9. star_gazer

star_gazer Active Member

At Blackpool in 2008, Matthew Rooke & Anna Longmore were in the top 23 of Amateur Ballroom. At Blackpool in 2009, they were 3rd in Professional Rising Star and semi-finalists in Pro. Wow...

I'm not crazy about the dress but it doesn't appear as though it blighted the quality of their dancing.

10. gracie

gracie Active Member

Checked the silver mirror dress out- I like it. Want a silver dress. Have had gold already. I've always thought that an orange dress looks good on a blonde if it's the right shade and not Fluorescent.

11. fascination

fascination Site Moderator Staff Member

interesting b/c I look dreadful in orange...although coral is an exception

12. QPO

QPO New Member

I have anew white gown with orange flairs and godots...it looks great on the floor just enough colour I will find a photo

13. and123

and123 Well-Known Member

Ha! Found it!

[​IMG]

14. Katarzyna

15. etp777

etp777 Active Member

You better be able to DANCE wearing a dress like that. Because there's no way you're going to be able to hide on the floor.

16. hereKittyKitty

hereKittyKitty Administrator Staff Member

I hope this person isn't reading dance forums:(

17. wooh

wooh Well-Known Member

I think it's a fun look! :)

18. and123

and123 Well-Known Member

Not trying to single anyone out -- gown has been worn by multiple people, so maybe it belongs to a team. It definitely has a "Wow, look at that" aura to it. Seems to be a love/hate thing.

19. DancinDrea19

DancinDrea19 New Member

I have both red and pink dresses...I have dark hair and i prefer the pink one...its actually bubblegum pink:cool:

ocean-daughter likes this.
  20. DancingMommy

DancingMommy Active Member

That's very true. But then again, that's true of anything that's a bit non-traditional. ;) And for the record, I think that dress totally rocks. I'd wear it. If I were about a foot taller and a foot thinner.