Blackpool 2010

Discussion in 'Ballroom Dance' started by Addicted2Rhinestones, Mar 24, 2010.

1. Is it too early to start a thread for this?

I'm really excited for this year's Blackpool since there are SOOO many new partnerships (I pay the closest attention to Pro Latin). I'm curious to see how everything will turn out, how the new couples will place, who will make it to semis etc etc. How does everyone else feel about this?

Anyone going this year? One day, I'll have to go watch this competition :)
  2. DanceJoy

DanceJoy Member

I will be there!! Just to watch, but I am super excited!

Pro latin will be really fun and I am looking forward to the new partnerships in pro standard too that I haven't gotten to see yet :D I love Blackpool... it's like a big drug. I get happy thinking about it!!
  3. dlgodud

dlgodud Active Member

Pro Latin - Expect Joanna and Michael win again. :p
  4. sambanada

sambanada Active Member

I wish I was there. I hope DFs that attend will keep us all posted.
  5. I wish I were there too. Hmmm, I'm sure they'll M&J will win but there's hoping right? Y&R took one dance from them last year but earlier this year, F&O also took two dances from Y&R...so it'll be interesting to see and who will make the semis and finals this year since there are so many new couples....will it be the same as UK Open? Also, I personally think it's more exciting when not all the same couples make the finals.

YES, LIVE REPORTING WOULD BE SOOOOOOOOOO APPRECIATED!!!
  6. dlgodud

dlgodud Active Member

7. Joe

Joe Well-Known Member

I wish these guys spoke better English.
  8. sambanada

sambanada Active Member

This whole situation is getting out of hand. I understand Italy' and Russia's position, but to kill Blackpool is like killing a legend. Yes, Blackpool is super expensive, but so is getting tickets to an incredible show or concert. Every dancer dreams of dancing at Blackpool. It is really sad, but these political issues should be addressed in a meeting room, not holding Blackpool hostage.
  9. Bailamosdance

Bailamosdance Well-Known Member

Can someone explain the conflict in simple terms? I have no idea what the conflict is...
  10. Ithink

Ithink Active Member

And Mirko's writing in that letter sure didn't clear anything up;) The man can sure dance but the writing... oh my!
  11. contracheck

contracheck New Member

Blackpool with no Italians is going to be a wedding without the bride. Most of the finals of many categories are going to vacated. If this is not a crisis what is?
  12. Yanou

Yanou Member

I read about conflicts between WDC and IDSF for amateurs that affected the entries for UK Open this year, especially for Italians and Russians.

So, this time professionals are affected for this year's Blackpool? That's terrible. Is Maurizio Vescovo representing Italy or Canada?
  13. contracheck

contracheck New Member

As I understand, FIDC is charging that Blackpool and WDC are committing fraud by giving high marks to those mediocre students who take lessons from British coaches and judges. Mirko is agreeing with the FIDC's position.
  14. contracheck

contracheck New Member

Well, Carter boycotted the Moscow Olympics. What is Blackpool compare to the Olympics?
  15. Natasha.

Natasha. Member

Italy.
  16. Yanou

Yanou Member

Not good. Not good at all!
  17. dlgodud

dlgodud Active Member

Not just him. Stefano as well.
  18. contracheck

contracheck New Member

What about Edita? She is going to be an orphan unless she finds a partner real soon.
  19. Lorelei

Lorelei Member

what is WDC position?
  20. SDsalsaguy

SDsalsaguy Administrator Staff Member

Everything for ballroom dancing! ;)