Blackpool 2012

Discussion in 'Ballroom Dance' started by chomsky, Aug 22, 2011.

1. Blackpool Breaking Dance News:

USA wins team match!!!!!!!!!!!!!
    (USA/North American I guess)

2. Team Match:

1. USA/North America
    2. Europe
    3. Great Britain
    4. Australasia

USA Team: Arunas and Katusha, Victor and Anastasia, Riccardo and Yulia, & Maurizio and Andra

3. Different from last year where they invited another Canadian ballroom couple instead of Victor and Anna...it seems less manipulated by the organizers in favor of the European team this year.

(But, I don't know if it was by invitation or how it was done this year)

4. ChelD

ChelD Member

Congratulations to Yegor Novikov and Yana Blinova on winning Pro RS Latin - 1st in all dances :D

5. ajiboyet

ajiboyet Well-Known Member

And Shirley Ballas!!

6. dlliba10

dlliba10 Well-Known Member

GO OSKAR AND KAROLINA! 1st in Rising Star Amateur Ballroom! Proud to say I practice in the same studio as them. :D

7. sambanada

sambanada Active Member

Pasha and Daniella made semi in Am Latin! Only US couple! We also have 2 in quarter! Go USA!

8. ajiboyet

Good for them...

9. aurae

aurae Member

In amateur latin final round, I don't I see dancers like Andrei Zaitsev & Anna Kuzminskaya, Nino Langella & Khrystyna Moshenskaya. I am not following closely amateurs, but can anybody kindly shed light on? Is it due to WDSF and things like that?

10. TinyDancer109

TinyDancer109 Well-Known Member

yay!

11. samina

samina Well-Known Member

wow, that's great news - happy for them.

12. Don't know can be discerned from the Dancesportinfo Blackpool results page, but it appears that neither Franco and Olga and/or Slavik and Daria are moving forward into round 3 today (pro latin)...so it appears that neither couple showed up to dance Blackpool. Maybe someone at Blackpool can provide further first hand info? All the other 'top couples' are moving up into the results for subsequent rounds...(so far round 3, top 99)

13. Mufanga

Mufanga Member

Neither Slavik or Formica are dancing. Slavik and Daria ended their partnership allready, and Formica published on facebook that he and Olga are not ready yet to compete.

14. ajiboyet

Are we sure they ever had a partnership? Like, a competitive partnership?

15. Woah!!!! I can't believe that Slavik and Daria already terminated their partnership!!! Stunned!!! Although, something happened at Sunshine State Dancesport Championship that hasn't yet fully been explained...plus there were more signs that things weren't going well (already). Also, Slavik and Daria were registered to dance at Emerald Ball and didn't show according to reports on that thread! Absolutely stunned, although if it's true I'm not sure that Daria was the best partner for him, but actually they looked good in Miami and got a standing ovation for Rumba.

16. Griffico

Griffico Member

I am still definitely excited to hear results, but not quite as much as I was earlier today. Bummer.

17. Professional Latin Final Results

Blackpool Pro Latin Final Placings

1. Michael and Joanna (England)
    2. Riccardo and Yulia (USA)
    3. Sergey and Melia (Russia)
    4. Maurizio and Andra (Canada)
    5. Andrej and Melinda (Slovenia)
    6. Justinas and Anna (Lithuania)
    7. Anton and Ekaterina (Russia)
    8. Markus and Ksenia (Germany)
    8. (tie) Emanuele Soldi and Elisa Nasato (Italy)

18. Not sure I understand the overall placement here in the multi-dance final, but this doesn't seem like it's making sense, they are giving Justinas and Anna an overall 6th even though they only made the final in one dance: Cha Cha?

19. Also note Michael and Joanna 1st in all 5 dances, Riccardo and Yulia 2nd in all 5 dances, same for the other placements through 5th

Anton and Ekaterina final-ed in all dances, but Rumba...Markus and Ksenia only once (6th in Jive), Emanuele and Elisa also only once in Rumba (6th)

20. Also the only other US couple through to semis was Yegor Novikov and Yana Blinova in Cha Cha and Rumba only