Blackpool 2012

Discussion in 'Ballroom Dance' started by chomsky, Aug 22, 2011.

1. Note here that Dancesportinfo's website is reporting in the article portion of the website different results that they have in the results section...the only differences are the Justinas and Anna also made it in Samba and that Anton and Ekaterina were in Cha Cha and Paso only...I don't know why but in the results section Dancesportinfo it has something different for the Samba results and it also has Anton and Ekaterina 7th in Jive in a seven couple final, don't know there is this disconnect between one section of the website and the reporting part

2. ajiboyet

ajiboyet Well-Known Member

They also won Am RS. They must be pleased.

3. fayeh

fayeh Member

Lectures and Congresses are always a good thing even if you might not enjoy the lecturer. Everyone who is invited to speak in a lecture will usually have something to offer. You just need to find it! I've been to many lectures and congresses but I'm sorry to say that I've never been to the Blackpool lectures.

4. Dancesportinfo has changed their story they posted last night and the reporting that Justinas and Anna had made the final in Samba was incorrect, the original single dance placements were the only ones that were correct, both the story that was written and the overall placements were incorrect on Dancesportinfo...

currently they have

Anton and Ekaterina in 6th, Justinas and Anna, and Markus and Ksenia in 7th, and Emanuele and Elisa in 9th, However this could be revised again, because except for Anton and Ekaterina all other couples only final-ed once in 6th...it seems like Emanuele and Elisa should also be tied for 7th

5. Becca

Becca Active Member

Marks from all professional competitions are due to be released on Friday after the completion of professional Standard, so we will know the final placings from professional Latin for sure after this point. From what I have seen first hand in Blackpool, and from what those closer to the couple have said, Daria has already found her new partner.

6. tuftufwang

tuftufwang Member

Sigh.....that's it I guess. End of the road for Slavik.......thought he would snag Ekaterina but she's taken by Anton already. I just can't think of any suitable ladies left for him. *sob*

7. chomsky

chomsky Well-Known Member

daria isn't with Slavik ?

8. That is what everybody is saying, I'm shocked, saddened, but something 'funny' happened in Miami, so it looks like it didn't work out and hope to god that Slavik finds somebody else good to dance with.

9. tuftufwang

tuftufwang Member

I wish the same too. I have admired his talent for years and years and I had hoped that he and Karina would have reigned at Blackpool after the retirement of Bryan and Carmen. However, I'm afraid (and I think the dance community knows this) that Anna was really his last chance for a comeback. She is truly a great dancer and in my opinion, the best lady in the Pro Latin field.

In 2003, I saw Bryan/Carmen and Slavik/Karina dance in the finals at Blackpool and very often side by side, there was no mistaking that Slavik/Karina were going to conquer the world of dancesport. Such a pity.....

10. aurae

aurae Member

Before the show in Miami, I happened to see them practice in a studio one day. I was so thrilled to see them dancing together. However, IMHO (really an impression based on limited spectating), Daria is a top amateur, but not up to the pro level yet. I can't explain the difference between top amateur and pro, although sometimes amateur finalist is equivalent to pro semifinalist. Anna M seemed stronger than her when Anna started the partnership with Slavik (to echo tuftufwang).

Again just an impression. I could be completely wrong.

11. chomsky

chomsky Well-Known Member

So, if I understood well, they didn't get to go to Blackpool! Am I right guys? I thought they had registered that's why I asked the question. I was viewing Ballroom Dancer the very same day that Blackpool started and was under the impression they were entering it...

12. Yes, they were registered for Blackpool and it was also reported that they registered for Embassy Ball too, but danced neither....here's the Miami part of the story....I actually went to Miami to the Sunshine State Dancesport Championships pretty much to see Daria and Slavik (show), and they only danced 3 dances and received a standing ovation for Rumba, after doing Cha Cha and Samba......however, in the middle of the 5 dance show, they announced that Slavik and Daria were coming back after a costume change and would be back out (also note that never at any point did Slavik and Daria get a final send off from the MC, like thanking them for coming or doing a final bow (and also unlike the formalities of the prior evening with Maurizio and Andra after they concluded the 5 dance show that they did)) .....while they did some awards for package holders and teachers, they came back and said now were going to directly to awards for pro-pro and am-am and concluded everything...and people were leaving the ballroom (I also wondered why people were leaving if Daria and Slavik were coming back out).....they never said anything more about why Daria and Slavik weren't coming back out, everything just ended and I asked a few people why they didn't come back out and you just got kind of a shrug, no explanation, like a wardrobe malfunction, somebody got hurt, etc. It was very strange, even now I never found out what happened, but I kind of felt something happened right in the middle of the show. Ever since the end of the comp that night to today I kept wondering what happened...it was strange and its never been explained. Then Daria and Slavik are registered for these comps and now the whole partnership is supposedly off...and Slavik and Daria obviously put time into to training together??? I still wonder what happened that night in the middle of the show???

13. latingal

latingal Moderator Staff Member

Mambo Americano is relating his own experience at the Sunshine State Championships, which is fine....not a problem with our site guidelines.

But I just wanted to remind everybody, because we're getting in to a subject/territory that could involve some speculation or gossip, about our guidelines on that type of thing. We don't allow unsubstantiated rumors or gossip. Again, just a caution since we could go in that direction...thanks for understanding everybody!

14. ajiboyet

It does seem like his chances are slipping very fast.

Then there was '05...I've always thought very highly of his dancing...I hope, really hope, that he makes a comeback...

15. Blackpool Ballroom Results

Pro Ballroom Championship - Results - Final

1. Arunas and Katusha (USA)
    2. Victor and Anastasia (USA)
    3. Andrea and Sara (England)
    4. Domen and Monica (Slovenia)
    5. Valerio Colantoni and Yulia Spesivtseva (Russia)
    6. Warren and Kristi Boyce (England)
    7. Sascha and Natsha Karabey (Germany)
    8. Angelo Madonia and Antonella Decarolis (Italy)
    9. Chao Yang and Yiling Tan (China)

16. dlliba10

dlliba10 Well-Known Member

Complete brain fart ... I was about to ask what happened to Mirko and Edita ... :oops:

17. ajiboyet

I have to say, I am INCREDIBLY impressed with Andrea Ghigarelli and Sara Andracchio. And then Chao and Yiling...it's wonderful what they're doing...I've always thought very highly of A&S's dancing, especially their ability to avoid collisions within fractions of a second while still looking beautiful...CONGRATULATIONS!!!

18. sambanada

sambanada Active Member

USA 1 and 2!!!!!!

19. Pro - Latin Marks

Marks for Blackpool Pro Latin Available:

Race for 1st:

Interesting things here between M&J and R&Y: Michael and Joanna dominant in Cha Cha, Samba, and Paso (firsts): (8-3), (9-2), and (7-1)...but, Rumba close 6 to 4 (What?), and Jive the closest at 6 to 5

20. The race between 4 and 5, Maurizio and Andra/ Andrej and Melinda was close in places
    7 to 4 Cha Cha (4+)
    9 to 3 Samba (4+)
    6 to 5 Rumba (4+)
    7 to 4 Paso (4+)
    9 to 3 Jive (4+)