blackpool results

Discussion in 'Ballroom Dance' started by cl5814, May 28, 2006.

1. tendancer

tendancer Member

Some have more byes than the others (gekhmans have a bye too) depending on how far they got last year, J/K e.g. would be exempt from all 3 qualifier rounds, hence intermediate results can seem funny with omitted names.

(edit to add: I misspoke, qualifiers only last 2 rounds. So most likely last year's finalists and semifinalsts jump in round 3, where couples like the gekhmans start from round 2).

2. Ithink

Ithink Active Member

So how come Liene Apale is listed in the 2nd round (170 couples) with two different partner, Erminio and someone named Roberto Regnoli?? Is there two Liene's dancing for the US?

3. gingerbread

gingerbread Member

thanks for the explanation. the blackpool festival site is now posting all names in the top 170.

4. dancesportgirl21

dancesportgirl21 New Member

I liked Maria's- I just posted it for discussion- although it's black, the skirt is really nice
    Still have to take time to look at more photos

I noticed the thing w/Liene Apale too- CONFUSED!

5. tendancer

tendancer Member

dancesportinfo has results up to round 4 already...including regnoli's partner's correct name :D

6. Ithink

Ithink Active Member

Saw that:)

Looks like Pino didn't dance (or did I miss his name?). So who will be the new couple in the final?

7. dancetiger

dancetiger New Member

I havent looked at all the pics yet,but just from being there, there was a lot of pink costumes this year.

8. dancetiger

dancetiger New Member

I was upset that Max and Yulia didnt make it to the final. They did look great and improeved a lot.
    Dmitry and Krina did not look great. Somebody was booing them when results were announced. However, I am not sure if thet were booing Karina's performance or the restult.

9. tendancer

tendancer Member

quarters results are in...

some pretty shocking...gherman making waltz over the gekhmans and litvinov...and erminio missing foxtrot...

10. tendancer

tendancer Member

they are updating it fast...semis in now.

Hawkins missed a semi...and def. expected Giamperro and Ieva to do better.

11. Chris Stratton

Chris Stratton New Member

They had some fairly good company in missing the only semi they "missed" (Vw)

12. tendancer

tendancer Member

Actually now they show up in the finals as getting 4th. That makes much more sense...dancesportinfo was just fubar'ing results.

13. DancerForLife

DancerForLife Member

Jonathan and Kate 3rd, Victor and Anya made the semi in all dances, Linas and Ieva made the semi in tango and quickstep.

Lots of US couples in the quarter and the 4th round - awesome!!!

14. JANATHOME

JANATHOME Well-Known Member

Could someone explain what a "bye" means.. I am having trouble following these posts.

15. Chris Stratton

Chris Stratton New Member

It's a free pass for last year's high placing couples to skip one or more of the early qualifying rounds, how many depending on just how well they did last year. It ends up meaning that expected finalists don't dance the competition from the beginning, unless they've changed partners since last year.

It kinds of helps balance out the fact that despite the British Open (aka Blackpool) being a defacto world championship, anyone can enter it without prequalification - unlike the official world championships which have restricted entry.

16. gingerbread

gingerbread Member

Yes, American couples did really well, and gherman and iveta making the quarter final in waltz was awesome, but, if you look indvidually, probably certain couples are disappointed. Igor and Julia, poor results, and Erminio and Liene may also be somewhat disappointed. whatever happened to Plamen? I hardly see his name in results. Perhaps he was sick and pulled out of a lot? I imagine giampiero might be disappointed, but then, I don't know what his expectations were. Jonathan and Katusha surely expected this placement, of course one is always hoping for higher.
    Are William Pino and Alessandra Bucciareli (spelling?) most likely gone for good?
    So Blackpool is over. It must be so fantastic to dance well there and see efforts rewarded.

17. geoffbjcn

geoffbjcn New Member

Anyone knows what happened with Slavik and Elena? Did they compete in the profession latin at all?

18. GJB

GJB Well-Known Member

They did not compete. I heard they said they were not ready yet.

19. geoffbjcn

geoffbjcn New Member

Thanks GJB for the information. Looking forward to the new couple's debut.
    I was asking that question because I read from some Chinese forum that they only finish at #280, which took me by surprise. Now it seems that the information I read ealier was inaccurate. Thanks again.

20. DancingJools

DancingJools Member

Costumes look very different on the floor compared to the pictures. And please, guys, remember we are talking here about people we know personally and like, as friends and as teachers. How would you like to have someone point out to your picture taken at a comp and comment freely about your appearance on a public forum? I would much rather say positive things about everyone, and keep the negative comments out.