Boston

Discussion in 'Dancers Anonymous' started by samina, Apr 19, 2013.

1. samina

samina Well-Known Member

I was wondering what the aftermath has been like and how it is affecting people's lives up there. Thanks for the update.
  2. samina

samina Well-Known Member

I saw her say in an interview that she went into surgery that day with feeling in her toes and the ability to wiggle them. What a horrible shock it must have been to have woken up the next day to find her foot removed.

My heart goes out to her. I know it will be a heart-warming journey for her as she continues as a dancer and adapts to this challenge.
  3. Larinda McRaven

Larinda McRaven Site Moderator Staff Member

So yesterday there were two officers and their detail was to be at the MIT competition for the evening. I made a point of going over and shaking their hand, going back over and chitchatting, going back and offering them a plate of food. I sent a few more judges to shake their hand. I wanted to let them know how much I appreciate them. Some of us took our pictures with them!

Having a cop for a husband it is hard to hear when he comes home and he talks about how he feels bad because he is hated for his profession. He wears a kevlar vest everyday to work, just last week he had a man (off his meds) swinging a knife at him in the back of an alley... and people still have so little respect for him. My heart just aches for Colliers squad and his department. They really do put their life on the line for us. They deserve to be treated well and respected.

During the evening show, the MC made a point to bring the two policemen to the front and introduce them. They got an immediate standing ovation. And, to me, it seemed they were a bit watery-eyed, it was quite touching. There was a moment of silence for Officer Collier, and although it was a downer for the start of the evening, I was very very glad the organizers decided to pay tribute to him.
    Mr 4 styles likes this.
  4. fascination

fascination Site Moderator Staff Member

isn't the transit officer also very seriously injured?....anyhow, couldn't agree more...my brother is a police officer in a large city...he is my only sibling, my baby brother....not a day goes by that I don't pray for his safety and worry about him...
  5. Larinda McRaven

Larinda McRaven Site Moderator Staff Member

6. fascination

fascination Site Moderator Staff Member

my understanding is that he and Collier were at the academy together...both the age of my son...makes me ill
    Larinda McRaven likes this.