Boycotting Blackpool

Discussion in 'Ballroom Dance' started by paintanker, Oct 27, 2012.

1. paintanker

paintanker Member

This may be old news to everyone else, but I heard that all the Italian and Russian (maybe more) dancers were boycotting Blackpool, because of a bunch of politics with Donnie Burns or something.

I may have this totally wrong and have confabulated particulars due to my poor memory, but is the gist of this true at all? If so, can someone explain it to me: what happened, what's happening, and what's going to happen?
  2. ballroomdancertoo

ballroomdancertoo Active Member

I guess it started earlier (page 5)http://www.dancebeatworld.com/cmsAdmin/uploads/0611-3-low.pdf
    I didnt even know that there was anything of that nature.
    The article mentioned about men dancing with men competition. It sounds like the gay marriage controversy. I hope blackpool never changes its atmosphere, it's the grandest of all venue, imho.
  3. fascination

fascination Site Moderator Staff Member

what we will not do is speculate about anything...at all...any claims have to be verifiable in print...reasons whispered through the grapevine, however well sourced, or even truths that could be damaging about persons not here to defend themselves will not be allowed
  4. paintanker

paintanker Member

Umm, well I suppose it's your right to censor information, whether it be verifiable truth or someone's god granted opinion out of your website, but maybe someone can PM me with a link to more information on the subject. I think ballroomdancerto's post was helpful to me understanding a large situation which should be important to people who really care about the world of ballroom dancing.
  5. fascination

fascination Site Moderator Staff Member

if information is verifiable and in print then it is fine...otherwise, we respect people enough not to speculate when they are not around to speak for themselves....that is not censorship, it is about being ethical and responsible and not liable....as per our guidelines... which are always good reading and clearly state the same...what members choose to discuss via pm is their concern
    twnkltoz and pygmalion like this.