Bra and boob question

Discussion in 'General Dance Discussion' started by j_alexandra, Mar 3, 2010.

1. j_alexandra

j_alexandra Well-Known Member

Question for the void, as Peaches would say:

OK, it's been a while since we've had a b&b discussion, and I don't want to activate any of those old threads. Because... I have a bra question that probably wasn't covered, and I don't want to wade through six zillion posts to find out.

so.

I have recently had two bras go belly-up on me in about a 45 minute period: their cheesy plastic clasps broke. I have questions for Us -- We Who Wear Bras -- about the relative merits of front closure vs. back close, and the kind of bra that's really low cut for a plunging neckline vs "full coverage". Not to mention that I am among the boob-challenged (small, rather than large). I also want convertible straps. Anyone have a suggestion for a front close, secure clasp that won't break soon,
    convertible strap bra of reasonable cost, "lightly padded" (so no show through iykwim -- every man in my gym knows when I'm cold)?

If I have to go to a back close, I will, but I have to be able to wear it with this:

http:// ww w. softsurroundings. com/P/Ballerina_Tee_I/ which is my go-to top for lessons.

I'd prefer not to buy an $88 Boob Job http: // www. bitasaviss.com/bitasaviss/product_info.php/products_id/64.

On second thought,
    that $88 Boob Job is looking pretty good ATM. Do y'all think the pleats on it would interfere with the Ballerina Tee? The thought of buying an $88 bra sticks in my craw; the last bra I bought cost $12. Then again, its clasp broke.

Suggestions? TIA, O Void.

2. wonderwoman

wonderwoman Active Member

I can't stand wearing anything but full coverage, back closure. Pick tops and dresses accordingly.

3. samina

samina Well-Known Member

haven't worn a front-closure bra since my mid-20s, i believe. so, no recommendations on my end -- i have no idea what the lastest is out ther ein the front-closure world.

i use back-closure VS underwire... ah, the big secrets we reveal on DF.:rolleyes:

4. j_alexandra

Forgot about underwire. I use uwire, dunno why; don't have enough boobage to merit it, but I got used to it a long time ago and it's SOP now.

5. wonderwoman

Not that anyone was wondering about these things. Or maybe they are, who knows lol

Like VS also, and must have underwire. Can a front closure have an underwire?

6. j_alexandra

Mine do.

7. wooh

wooh Well-Known Member

I wore front closure in 7th or 8th grade and it popped undone in the middle of basketball practice. Haven't worn front closure since. Of course, being on the gigantically endowed side, my input would probably not be at all useful to you. :)

8. wonderwoman

Won't even get in to the ads I see when I click on this thread....

9. Peaches

Peaches Well-Known Member

I stopped ever using a front close bra when I had one come undone at work one day. With my (male) boss sitting in my khuube at the time. Never.again. Ever. Ever. Period. No.

I'm cheap, I go for the ~$12 full coverage, lightly padded (no showing--even more important when there's jewelry involved), back close bras from Target. Can't remember the brand. I know I've found workable convertible strap bras in the same line, though.

No way in hell I'd pay $88 for a bra. End.of.story. I'm just too cheap for that.

I don't think you'd have any trouble with a full-coverage bra with that t-shirt. I've got several that are similar and have never had a problem. If anything, the biggest issue would probably be the neckline of the shirt being very close to the inside edge of a (full coverage) bra cup. Fashion tape would probably solve that problem, or a demi-bra. Or just make sure that your bra/shirt combo either matches nicely or provides a nice coordinating contrast and ignore the issue. If anyone notices...well, they really shouldn't be looking at your chest, should they?

Also, a lot of full coverage bras have a very low er...connecting piece...in the front, which makes things convenient for very low cut tops.

10. j_alexandra

I don't see any ads here, or anywhere on DF, not even banners. What did I do to deserve this?

11. Joe

Joe Well-Known Member

You have adblock s/w perhaps?

12. Larinda McRaven

Larinda McRaven Site Moderator Staff Member

knew it was only a matter of hours till the boys showed up...

13. CANI

CANI Active Member

If it helps, when I see DF, at the bottom of every page, there are three ads usually of 4 lines each and there is off to the right a "Ads by Goggle." And I have noticed that those ads seem to correspond to something on that page of the forum (as opposed to ads I see at the top of the page, which seem to stay the same no matter what, and those have "advertise on dance forums" off to the right.)

In response to your question, I haven't used a front-closure bra, and I don't have anything new to offer beyond what has already been posted by other posters. Good Luck.

14. RickRS

RickRS Member

Sorry, hard as I try, I can't look away, either.

15. CANI

CANI Active Member

/OT
    ;)In fairness, the OP didn't say this was a question for girls/women...she said it was a question for "US- We Who Wear Bras"...;)...so being the open-minded forum I know we are...we should allow boys who wear bras to also comment...;)
    /BOT

16. and123

and123 Well-Known Member

The "Bro"? "Mansierre"? :p /Seinfeld

Do they not make front-close bras with metal hook closures? I think I know the plastic doo-hickeys of which you speak, but I have not had one of those break on me. I get my bras at places like A.J. Wright or TJ Maxx, which requires you to dig through racks of different styles, colors, sizes (my god, they're almost always mixed up). But the price is right :cool:

never had this kind break:
    [​IMG]

this one I could maybe see failing more easily:
    [​IMG]

17. ireniecat

ireniecat New Member

Same here... but in regards to the question, that $88 bra looks rather flimsy.

I have been wearing Le Mystere bras for years (and they last for a long time). No other brand even comes close. They are on the pricey side, but you can sometimes find them at TJ Maxx and Nordstrom Rack for much cheaper than retail. I'm not sure if they have a front close style, but I've owned several of their styles and they're all wonderful.

18. Eliska

Eliska New Member

What style/brand do you normally wear? I usually only wear VS that clasps in the back. I think I have also been very fortunate to have never had a bra go up on me or break from there.

19. j_alexandra

Yup. Wow -- it works!

20. flashdance

flashdance Active Member

I'm going to start an underpants thread. :cool:

Hold that thought.