Bra and boob question

Discussion in 'General Dance Discussion' started by j_alexandra, Mar 3, 2010.

1. pygmalion

pygmalion Well-Known Member

Two words. Tape measure. *wink* Just kidding! But that is how I found out where to start. Measurements. Even in an old, ill fitting bra, measurements helped me figure out that I was buying too big a band size. So at least I had a starting point and could experiment with cup sizes until I found something comfortable.
  2. Peaches

Peaches Well-Known Member

Yup. A VS chickie broke it out. That got me band size--and I had been correct. Then experimentation from there.

Lesson learned: try everything on. Because not even a basic size can be counted on--different cuts make a huge difference.
  3. Larinda McRaven

Larinda McRaven Site Moderator Staff Member

"wasn't expecting"...?

lemme guess. smaller band size. bigger cup size.
  4. Peaches

I had the band size right. But yes, bigger cup size.

ETA: BUT also not the same size as others I have, from the same company, that are (theoretically) the same cut, that also fit well. Go figure.
  5. Larinda McRaven

Th thing is that websites and old wives tales tell you to measure then ADD 4 inches. From there compare the difference in bust and band to determine the cup. But if you do that you buy too big a band, that not only will ride up in the back but you end up in too small a cup.

Instead just measure your rib cage and LET THAT be you your band size. The difference is staggering.
  6. Peaches

Add 4 inches?!?! I've never heard that. Eeek! I can't even imagine how loose that would be or how it would ride up. Oh...wait...I can imagine that. My old bra (the one I promptly threw out when I got home...yay!) was super loose...and so much less comfy.
  7. Subliminal

Subliminal Well-Known Member

8. Peaches

LOL, Sub.

Yeah, just a wee bit awkward, seeings as how you and I dance together. Closely. LOL. Eh...things that, had I cared about them all that much, I should have kept my mouth shut about pages ago.

ETA: Sub, have you ever seen Eddie Izzard's stand-up routine "Dressed to Kill". Your little smiley makes me think of one of the sketches. If you haven't seen it GO OUT AND RENT IT NOW!! You can thank me for it later.
  9. tanya_the_dancer

tanya_the_dancer Well-Known Member

I've heard 2". There's a custom bra place a couple of hours away and they have a website too. There they tell you to determine your band size as follows: measure the ribcage and add 2. And then measure the biggest part, subtract the band size from that number and it will be your cup size. Of course, using to this method, I came up with an obscene number: 32G. Sucks to be me, I guess.
  10. Larinda McRaven

I don't subtract any numbers anymore. And I am now a 30, also with an obscene letter. But oooh so comfy.
  11. +1. One of the funniest stand-up routines I think I've ever seen.

+1 for the smiley, too. :D Pass me some of that popcorn! :p
  12. I'm pretty sure that this is something you'd never hear one dude say to another... :p
  13. fascination

fascination Site Moderator Staff Member

lolz..ya never know ;)
  14. Subliminal

LOL. I don't actually care, the smiley was just for comedic value. I figured etp was slacking off and the forum requires a certain quota of masculine snark. Remember, I have three sisters. My eyes just glaze over during conversations like this. ;)

And yes! Love Eddie Izzard! That's a great routine. I can't remember which sketch you're referring to though. But that gives me an excuse to watch it again.
  15. Subliminal

*passes the popcorn*
  16. Peaches

The sketch about the differences between English and American movies. Room With a View...of Hell: Staircase of Satan, Pond of Death.

"
    Jeninne, I love you really."
  17. flashdance

flashdance Active Member

Do women wear their bra to bed?
  18. Peaches

Generally, no.
  19. flashdance

flashdance Active Member

Does it not hurt in a morning with there being no support overnight? I guess it depends on the position you sleep in...?
  20. pygmalion

pygmalion Well-Known Member

Hey! that's personal! :wink: But, in the interest of full disclosure. Boob size has something to with it, IME. When I was preggers and they were huge, I wore one to bed. Now I don't.