Bra and boob question

Discussion in 'General Dance Discussion' started by j_alexandra, Mar 3, 2010.

1. samina

samina Well-Known Member

yep, i remember that, DL. i believe i supported the gent's assertion... y'know, some things are just primal. nature has it's logic, whether we like it or not. :rolleyes:

2. ireniecat

ireniecat New Member

As someone who used to be quite chesty (before exploiting the miracle of modern science), I have to agree.

3. etp777

etp777 Active Member

exactly. :)

4. j_alexandra

j_alexandra Well-Known Member

That was Before My Time on DF. I'm afraid I have very mixed feelings about the subject. In an abstract, perfect world, boobage/revealing necklines would have no influence at all on when or whether a woman is asked to dance; her ability would be the only valid criterion. However, I am a realist, too. And although I was joking at first about the deep-V/new bra issue, I'm pretty sure it had some effect -- even if just the "nipple confidence" Samina referred to.

A while ago, after losing basically half my body weight, I read a magazine article about women who have bariatric surgery and become someone else, and what happens to them, how the world views them, how they view themselves, and how they cope. I wrote a letter to the magazine, thanking them for the article, b/c -- even though I did it the old-fashioned way, not surgery but diet/exercise -- I had the same life changing experiences as were outlined in the article. Which is a longwinded way of saying: didn't used to feel pretty. Found out there is great power in prettiness, and that it can be used, and that it is a totally different but equally strong kind of feminist power -- not the kind that pounds its head against the glass ceiling, but strokes that glass until it melts.

And if a push-in/push-up bra and a deep V neckline contribute to that, on the dancefloor, in business, or in life in general so be it. I'm not one to tilt at windmills.

5. pygmalion

pygmalion Well-Known Member

Love it! Back closure only is my vote. Or strapless. If not, use those friction-affixed cup dealies -- nu bra? Don't like those,as much, because they look like breasts, rather than bras (Who want breasts that look like breasts? That's SO last year.) lol. But a girl's gotta do what a girl's gotta do.

6. fascination

fascination Site Moderator Staff Member

jalex...my time at the gym, where an inordinate number of women procure enhancements, tells me that it makes a huge difference in how the lady percieves herself...having always been ample, I am aware that for men who find that sort of thing to be a good thing (which isn't all men) but for those who do...well...it is noticed...and is a factor

7. kckc

kckc Active Member

ok, as someone who has had a crapfest of a workweek and needed some good laughs, I must thank one and all for this (revived) thread. I haven't laughed so hard in a long time :) Viva la ta-tas!

Very well,I guess I should get back on topic. Let's see, used to LOVE front close-racerback bras. Not so much anymore, what with my...chestiness...gives really strange curvature. Front close non-racerback is good if you can find one. Oh, and Underwire Forever!
    I say get the best you can afford. It is worth it.

8. fascination

as to frint opening...I find those to be...unreliable...asin ...opeing without permission too often...therefore I am only interested in wearing them when taking on off quickly is paramount...:) ...nuff said...otherwise, not so much...and underwire? HATE

9. j_alexandra

Funny this thread was revived just now. I'm feeling the need to buy new bras, just b/c now I've discovered what a difference a good, shapely, shaping bra makes.

Spouse finally gave his opinion, btw. He does not approve of the push-in-push-up ones, b/c they don't er, um, feel like me. Ya think? there's about 1/4" minimum of padding
    and the push up pad. Of COURSE it doesn't feel like me. But my clothes look good.

He doesn't mind the non-pi/pu bras. And since I've been carefully taught how to arrange things for maximum impact, so to speak, the non-pi/pu bras are serving me just fine.

Want more colors!

10. fascination

well good heavens...spousal perspective is a whole other matter...and I am taking th fifth b/c sometimes dh lurks...i will only just say that his only dislike is a sports bra b/c he feels it makes the rack look like one single boob roll...

11. Joe

Joe Well-Known Member

Uniboob? ;)

12. fascination

well...he's right...it all sort of mushes into one unsightly boob roll in those things...

13. fascination

and yes, like you, he has used that exact term

14. Larinda McRaven

Larinda McRaven Site Moderator Staff Member

Well then it is the wrong kind of sports bra... because actually compression based sports bras cause the bust to move as a solid block and then damage the root tissue closest to the chest wall, which in the end results in loss of firmness. Cupped sports bras are best because they distribute the weight more naturally and evenly.

15. Lioness

Lioness Well-Known Member

BF offers no opinion on boobs at this stage, but he does express surprise that they are very handy popcorn catchers in the movies.

The real reason women always go to the bathroom after leaving the cinema...

16. CANI

CANI Active Member

Does anyone happen to have a brand they recommend of the cupped sports bras?

17. DL

DL Well-Known Member

Well, I've learned something new today.

18. jennyisdancing

jennyisdancing Active Member

:p I didn't...cause it's true. :D

Never fails to amuse me how the boob threads attract interest....now where is the jockstrap/dance belt thread...hmmmmm

19. kckc

kckc Active Member

I love my Champion style 6209 sports bra. It hooks in the back and has underwires. It won't ever be mistaken for sexy lingerie but it gives great support, and prevents the dreaded Uniboob.

20. j_alexandra

an amazing assortment of carefully evaluated sports bras at title9.com including cupped, underwire, framed, uniboob, and everything in between

lots of girl-jock clothes, too

they've gotten a LOT of my money the past few years