Bra and boob question

Discussion in 'General Dance Discussion' started by j_alexandra, Mar 3, 2010.

1. fascination

fascination Site Moderator Staff Member

perhaps...but that is not my experience...I have friends with falsies that need/like the individual cups b/c their boobs are hard ...but for me, I like to buy ones without underwire b/c they cut and without cups b/c they rarely fit right and are too padded...I like to buy the very tight well made ones one size too small and have them hold things firmly in place...have not had any sense that any damage has been done to my natural scaffolding so to speak....but that is my personal preference...everyone's body is different

2. Terpsichorean Clod

Terpsichorean Clod Moderator

3. CANI

CANI Active Member

Thanks kckc and j_alexandra, I'll check them out!

4. Larinda McRaven

Larinda McRaven Site Moderator Staff Member

As a note to the ladies... have you ever been professionally fitted. I went today and found I am a completely different size than ever imagined.

I bought a few new bras that fit like you cannot imagine. They sit on my ribcage perfectly. Well worth the time and money!

5. CANI

CANI Active Member

Thanks for this. I never have, but j_alexandra in a thread (might have been this one -- can't remember), said she had with good results and I've made a note to do it when I'm ready to buy new bras.

I'll definitely be coming back for recommendations of where to go.

6. Larinda McRaven

yea I guess you are right... I missed that post. Sorry j-a!

But I really can't praise the process highly enough. And yes, the bras are not cheap but I have now officially thrown out all other bras in my drawer. And I doubt I will ever buy cheap ones again.

7. CANI

CANI Active Member

No, I'm glad you mentioned it -- it is always good to hear two positive experiences. I have no doubt that I'm in need of a good fitting and good bras in the near future (both sports and regular), with the added difficulty, as many women actually have, of both not being the same size, compounded by tissue removed with surgery from a prior false-cancer-scare (for any entrepreneurs out there, there is probably a good market for this -- most bras -- probably all bras -- on the market assume both are the same size on one woman.)

8. fascination

I have given it thought, not for my workouts or dancing but for the rest of life (as if I actually have one)...but, living in the middle of nowhere, the motivation for hunting a place down is low

9. j_alexandra

j_alexandra Well-Known Member

Sister! An amazing experience -- to ask for professional help, get it, listen to it, pay attention, and pay for it. And get results beyond your dreams.

What does that remind me of? Hmmmm...

10. wooh

wooh Well-Known Member

Oh yes, it was the most wonderful experience ever. Love my custom fitted and ALTERED bras. They're wonderful. Still squeezing into my older ones on most days as I've only got two of the custom ones, but hope to slowly transition to all custom bras.

11. wooh

wooh Well-Known Member

I'm sure there's a place near you, or near where you take your lessons. I've heard there's a little place near here, need to get myself busy to find it. Look for places that work with post-mastectomy ladies.

12. fascination

I live in middle of nowhere indiana...am not making a trip to chicago for a bra...and when I am in indy I have only time to dance, drink and sleep

13. jennyisdancing

jennyisdancing Active Member

14. DrDoug

DrDoug Active Member

(. .)

15. Terpsichorean Clod

Terpsichorean Clod Moderator

Ouch! A size-related dis from JID. :razz:

16. Joe

Joe Well-Known Member

Well, not too many men wear a jockstrap in every day life, let along dancing. Probably 99% of women wear bras.

17. Larinda McRaven

18. tsb

tsb Well-Known Member

that reminds me of the "married with children" episode where al actually drove to wisconsin from chicago to buy a bra for his wife peg.

19. Peaches

Peaches Well-Known Member

Somehow I missed that you went to Indy for lessons. I knew you drove one helluva distance for them, but I didn't realize it was to Indy.

That actually gives me a minor incentive to go out there viz'tin' in-laws. OK, no offense, but probably not actual incentive. But if I got dragged out there it would be a nice bright spot to try and meet up for drinks/foodles. Hmmm...

OK, back on topic. (How odd is it that talking about boobs is actually on topic, lol!)

20. fascination

I would welcome that