Bra and boob question

Discussion in 'General Dance Discussion' started by j_alexandra, Mar 3, 2010.

1. tanya_the_dancer

tanya_the_dancer Well-Known Member

You making me feel better, at least I am not the only one who has this problem.
  2. chandra

chandra New Member

hehe, I'll let you know if I find a solution.
    While my boobs are real, you'd think the advent of fakies would make those size bras more common...
    Then again, I guess people with fake boobs don't really NEED bras most of the time... (That's what bandaids are for?)
  3. Lioness

Lioness Well-Known Member

Ok...US bra sizing is really very different.

We tend to keep the same band sizes as clothing...I'm a 12 in T-shirts, I'm a 12 in bra band. Cup sizes are still common to both places.
  4. wooh

wooh Well-Known Member

That's why you go to the awesome specialty store. Where they'll tailor the bra while you wait. That was the only way I could get a strapless. They went a bunch of band sizes up (because that way the DDD cups would actually be a smaller band sizes much higher letter) and then took the band WAY in.
    For bigger cup sizes with a smaller band, you'll have a much better chance with English bras. And if that doesn't work, custom bras. They do it while you wait! It's AMAZING!!
  5. tanya_the_dancer

What does 12 relate to? American bra band size is just its length in inches. As I remember, russian bra sizing was similar - except that the band length was expressed in centimeters.
  6. Joe

Joe Well-Known Member

The bulging make them look bigger.
  7. Peaches

Peaches Well-Known Member

Yah, I got that. It works just fine if you're mostly nekkid. But it's not a look that I, or any of my female coworks I'd imagine, would want to sport. Under clothes...much better to go with smooth and as line-free as possible. Bulging just looks like you have an ill-fitting bra.
  8. fascination

fascination Site Moderator Staff Member

peach...am with you...on the bulging (unless I am in something very lowcut and that is the look I am after...which is exceedingly rare)...and on the lack of fuss...I buy my bras at kohls...I have never expereienced any significant problems...I am aware that I may not be maximizing my assets and that a good fitting is probably a cool thing...it is just not that much of a priority for me...probably if I was a bit less "standard issue", by usual standards I am a 36 C, I might go to greater lengths, but it does't seem to be much of an issue for me
  9. Lioness

I'm not sure :-|

*finds bra*

Can't find a bra with a tag that actually says anything..

Anyway, I think it's similar to well-fitting T-shirt sizing. If a size 10 t-shirt (American equivalent - 8 ) fits snugly around my underbust, then I'll likely have a size 10 whatever bra. I'm not sure how they measure, but a conversion site tells me that a size 12 AUS is a 34US.

And with Peaches and Fasc on the bulging...not a pretty look under a t-shirt. And if it bulges, well, it's eventually going to bulge a bit too far out, and you get..interesting textures.
  10. Larinda McRaven

Larinda McRaven Site Moderator Staff Member

[​IMG]

joe... theses are the bulges we speak of = not cool

if you look hard enough you can see how low her bra is sitting on her back.
  11. Lioness

I was thinking more of bulging out of the cups...but the back bulging isn't pretty either
  12. Larinda McRaven

13. Lioness

:shock:

Yeah...like that.

3rd boob, anyone? That can NOT be comfortable
  14. tanya_the_dancer

How much more do they charge? I looked at the website of Ann's bra shop in st. louis, and they have some of the same products that onehanesplace (online store) sells, and they are charging nearly double for them (like $28 vs. $15)
  15. Lioness

That's pretty cheap for a bra...here, a bra from a lingerie store costs maybe $50-$60. From an everyday department store, maybe $30-$40. We've got a lovely bra warehouse though, that has $60 bras for $20.
  16. wooh

wooh Well-Known Member

Well I paid average of $45-50, which is what I pay for the bras anyway. They last longer than an ill-fitting one. I'd rather pay $50 for a bra that actually fits and lasts years if I rotate it (give it at least a day off between each wearing) than any price for a bra that I'm going to spend all day tugging at. Until I can get back out to Texas, I'm still wearing old bras on most days, and everytime I get in the car or go to the bathroom or have a smidge of privacy, I'm readjusting the maracas to get back where they belong. My new bras, I put them on, and don't have to worry about where they go ALL DAY LONG.
  17. tanya_the_dancer

You know, if the same product (same brand, same size) is sold at one place for $15 and at another one for $28, that makes me wonder what exactly I am getting for that markup.
  18. Larinda McRaven

I paid 80 bucks each for two utility type bras... good for teaching, not pretty. And 140 each for two pretty bras. I am accustomed to paying 20 bucks at TJMaxx.

But this morning I put on one of my old TJMaxx bras... and took it off and threw it in the trash after 20 minutes. No comparison. For me anymore it just isn't worth it to have 13 cheap bras that feel like that, when I could have 4 bras that feel amazing.
  19. fascination

fascination Site Moderator Staff Member

interesting...did the cheap bras feel bothersome and annoying before this?...did that prompt the change?....
  20. TAK

TAK Member

Where to find them? Online, unfortunately...figleaves, bare necessities, herroom. It might sound crazy to buy bras online, but you get used to it. Trust me, it's WAY better than the alternative.

Also, I alter the band of almost all of my bras and it has never been a problem for me. It is not even all that noticeable. I'd be happy to compare notes on how exactly to alter them -- PM me if you're interested.