Breakfast Time Club!!

Discussion in 'Dancers Anonymous' started by lynn, Aug 8, 2005.

1. Katarzyna

Katarzyna Well-Known Member

I have milk at home or in the office. But i have a day off :)

2. lynn

lynn New Member

um...you're not at home or the office?? so....where are you??? dance stuido??

3. Katarzyna

If I was using the computer at the dance studio, I could probably send 1 response every 30 minutes...

4. lynn

lynn New Member

hmm, our dance studio doesn't even have computers! Well, except the computer/cash register hybrid they have.....

5. BrookeErin

BrookeErin New Member

does brunch count? sausage and pineapple tidbits and blueberries

6. lynn

lynn New Member

i would honestly prefer breakfast & lunch to be separate. I remember reading from an article and it says breakfast should be finished by 7:30 or 8... I can't quite remember the reasoning behind it but it has something to do with your digestive system, i think....

7. Katarzyna

I can't eat anything before 10:00 or 11:00

8. lynn

lynn New Member

Really?? Wow, i guess i'm too used to eating a big breakfast early in the morning. I'd get grumpy and would have a hard time concentrate if i skip my breakfast!

9. Katarzyna

If I eat breakfast, I feel hungry the whole day. I constantly want to eat

10. lynn

lynn New Member

So.... did you have a chance to get anything to eat yet??

11. ratherbdancing

ratherbdancing New Member

I'm eating lunch and its really not good at all..... :?

12. Katarzyna

no... Probably will leave in an hour...

13. BrookeErin

BrookeErin New Member

oh, you're right lynn... You should eat within an hour of waking (a personal guess, I've read about the importance of breakfast, but don't have an actual researched time line).... but when you dance all night and don't have to work the next morning.... it's only the phone call at 10:30am that wakes you up 8) so I gotta count that as brunch

14. pygmalion

pygmalion Well-Known Member

Breakfast is supposed to wake up your metabolism for the day, IIRC. 8)

15. Katarzyna

I usually don't feel like eating till lunch

16. ratherbdancing

Thats how I am- I never eat breakfast, I usually just eat a small lunch also.

17. BrookeErin

BrookeErin New Member

because you've trained your body to respond that way.... It is better for your metabolism and energy if you teach yourself to eat breakfast... and to eat the most in the afternoon, not at night

18. pygmalion

pygmalion Well-Known Member

Anybody who cares about weight control. I've read thatone characteristic of people who've lost a significant amount of weight and kept it off, is that they eat breakfast.

I'll pull the link later -- the US National Weight loss Registray is what it's called, IIRC.

19. ratherbdancing

My problem is I'm at school during the day, and dont have time to eat a large meal. or healthy for that matter.

20. BrookeErin

BrookeErin New Member

excuses... pack your lunch