Breakfast Time Club!!

Discussion in 'Dancers Anonymous' started by lynn, Aug 8, 2005.

1. laucy.my

laucy.my Active Member

Chai latte, popcorn and oreos.

2. Ice Bucket

Ice Bucket Member

:shock: That's quite a breakfast! :)

Coco pops here.

3. Peaches

Peaches Well-Known Member

Ok, OK! Fine! So I had cherries and leftover onion rings for breakfast. Don't judge me. ;-)

4. sambanada

sambanada Active Member

eggs over easy

5. Ice Bucket

Ice Bucket Member

:lol: Sounds nice, actually...

6. sambanada

sambanada Active Member

toasted bagel with butter

7. Sagitta

Sagitta Well-Known Member

glass of warm milk then scrambled eggs and toast after a morning bike ride.

8. laucy.my

laucy.my Active Member

Haha...exciting posts coming on the way. :p

9. laucy.my

laucy.my Active Member

Mangosteen, some leftover roasted duck and pork, ham dan sou, wu kok and some kind of weird Chinese pastry called momo sou.

10. laucy.my

laucy.my Active Member

Tau foo fah.

11. Ice Bucket

Ice Bucket Member

Oatmeal with banana and sultanas. Om nom nom.

12. pygmalion

pygmalion Well-Known Member

sultana in American = golden raisin

I guess the gods of American English figured yanks wouldn't go for an exotic term like sultana. :lol:

For me. Yesterday: sausage, egg and cheese croissant. What the heck? my only excuse is that it was a catered business meeting breakfast, I was running late and therefore didn't have time to get any actual decent, human-compatible food. (I know. Excuses. Lame excuses.)

Today: Large pitcher of live green smoothie. It's really funny. Since I started drinking smoothies regularly, I just don't feel good on the days when I skip. What does this mean? I didn't feel good before but just didn't know what feeling good is supposed to feel like. That's my guess.

13. pygmalion

Ah. Here you go again with the food titles that I can't help googling. Soy bean custard? Doesn't sound all that appealing, but it looks great. :)

[​IMG]

14. Ice Bucket

Ice Bucket Member

Sorry. I think we need an Ice Bucket Translator for this site. :oops:

15. samina

samina Well-Known Member

i find the contrast of being on them always something like this...

16. pygmalion

I've come to believe that there's something about the smoothification that's making the difference. Even on days when I don't have that "extra" fifteen minutes to make a smoothie, I eat enormous piles of whole fruit and veg. I feel better than if I skipped fruit and veg altogether, but I still don't feel good.

LGS: Crack in a blender... in a good way, of course. :lol:

17. pygmalion

No worries. We've had Lioness and a few other vocal, non-American members for a while, so some of us have maxed out on the google function and can pretty much translate on the fly... unless rugby is involved. :wink:

18. samina

samina Well-Known Member

yep. it's powerful, and IME the more powerful your blender the more you feel this. the high-powered vitamixes and blendtecs allegedly break down the cells walls of the fruit and vedge, so imagine dumping that directly into your system.

do you have one of the high-powered blenders, P?

19. pygmalion

Oops. Missed this. Sorry for the delayed response. Nope. Nothing special. Just an ordinary one for kitchen use. I'm considering getting one of the super duper blenders as a gift for myself, then next time I can come up with an excuse to buy myself a gift. :wink: :)

20. Ice Bucket

Ice Bucket Member

I saw the recipe for that smoothie in another thread and I thought it looked nice. I'm going to have to try it some time.