Breakfast Time Club!!

Discussion in 'Dancers Anonymous' started by lynn, Aug 8, 2005.

1. pygmalion

pygmalion Well-Known Member

Awesome, Ice Bucket. There are tons of recipes you can try, depending on what you like or on what you have. There's a whole thread here that contains some recipe ideas, and samina also has a website one can join, if one were to get hooked. :wink:

To start, pick one or more fruits you like that you think go well together. Plop in blender. Add some clean water and some ice if you like. Then add a handful or two of greens. Blend to smoothie texture. Drink up. My experience? Go heavy on the fruit and light on the greens at first, until you get used to the "green" smell and taste.

Today I had a summer mostly berry smoothie. That just happened to be the fruit I had in the fridge that was closest to going bad. A little less than half a cup each blueberries, strawberries, raspberries. A couple chunks of watermelon. Half a cup of red apple slices and a few red grapes to add sweetness. A couple hands full of organic baby spinach. Filtered water. Ice. Blend. Yum!

Tomorrow: Really ripe mango, really ripe peach, really ripe nectarine. Probably some parsley. I've never tried this particular combo before but mangoes are cheap here, right now, so what the heck? I'm looking forward to trying it.
  2. pygmalion

3. laucy.my

laucy.my Active Member

That's me in there as well. :p
  4. laucy.my

laucy.my Active Member

It is really just like jelly made with soy milk except that it is softer. And the sweetness comes from the syrup that is served with it. :)
  5. laucy.my

laucy.my Active Member

KFC fried chicken with lingonsylt, mashed potatoes, heavily caramelized popcorn and water.
  6. pygmalion

You got me. You knew I'd google.

KFC, mashed potatoes. Water. Okay. That works. Adding caramel corn and cranberry jam? Hmm. Interesting.

[​IMG]
  7. pygmalion

Yep. You've taught me quite a lot. :-D
  8. Peaches

Peaches Well-Known Member

Want bacon. Need to wake DH up for that. Hmmm...
  9. Peaches

Peaches Well-Known Member

Today: a Bacon Sandwich of Regret. (Ring any bells, BTM? ;))

Not, as you may be thinking, regret of the calories or something similar. No, I will not regret eatig it. This is regret that I have to act polite and civilized while in public (at work, especially) instead of wanting to scream for having a bad day before it even properly got started. I _regret_ that I could not bite the head off the person who deliberately woke me up on two separate occasions on the train for trivial and pointless b.s.
  10. sambanada

sambanada Active Member

toasted bagel with butter
  11. chachachacat

chachachacat Well-Known Member

Last piece of Olalaberry pie!
  12. Sagitta

Sagitta Well-Known Member

Already had a glass of milk, and now...still thinking what I want next....
  13. Sagitta

Two bagel halves with cream cheese, two cups of tea, plus two half doughnuts. Sounds like a lot, doesn't it?

(Actually breakfast just was one bagel with cream cheese, a doughnut and one cup of tea - the two cups were halves as well ;) I just wrote it the way that I had it.)
  14. Sagitta

What do mean by a great tradition of Perdue?
  15. Sagitta

Omelet. I just made mine with onions, tomatoes, peppers, spices, cheese....
  16. sambanada

sambanada Active Member

fruit salad
  17. fascination

fascination Site Moderator Staff Member

yogurt, scrambled eggs, coffee
  18. Mr 4 styles

Mr 4 styles Well-Known Member

blackberries watermelon
    WOOORKOOUUTT

then Protein Ice to replenish

lunch is my big meal LOL