Breakfast Time Club!!

Discussion in 'Dancers Anonymous' started by lynn, Aug 8, 2005.

1. ratherbdancing

ratherbdancing New Member

probably not :?
  2. DancePoet

DancePoet New Member

Breakfast doesn't need to be a large meal, just a healthy one to start things off well. Try getting up earlier and you might have more time. ;)
  3. DancePoet

DancePoet New Member

Huh? A dozen eggs, a loaf a bread, some fruit or maybe juice instead or both, that isn't too expensive and can last you the whole week. 8)
  4. ratherbdancing

Well I'm planning on getting up earlier this year for school anyways. (starts the week after next week :x ) I'm just not hungry in the mornings.
  5. lynn

lynn New Member

Perhaps start slow?? You have to re-train your body to get rid of the "not hungry in the morning" habit!
  6. pygmalion

pygmalion Well-Known Member

Bananas are good breakfast food -- good for you, inexpensive, easy to eat on the go, relatively low in fat and calories. 8)
  7. lynn

lynn New Member

I've heard banana could be hard on your digestive system, that's why i don't eat them on an empty stomach....
  8. ratherbdancing

They are supposed to be good for you when you go running- prevents cramps.
  9. lynn

lynn New Member

oh, that's a cool piece of info!

I know banana has a lot of potassium, what does K do?? need to look that up too....
  10. DancePoet

DancePoet New Member

I try to keep with at least three meals and keep the portions down low, then fit in small snacks along the way.

Sometimes I can't help myself with really yummy food for breakfast or dinner/supper. ;) :lol:
  11. DancePoet

DancePoet New Member

Well there is some merit in the old adage, "Early to bed, early to rise ... " ;) :lol: :lol: :lol:
  12. DancePoet

DancePoet New Member

I'll see if I can pop it to the top for you. ;)

(DP had to edit because pop was spelt poop :lol: :lol: :lol:)

Well, with Pacion's reasoning, maybe I should have left it that way. ;) :lol:

(DP, and what pray tell does that mean? :? :roll: )

Oh, never mind, Pacion might get it. ;)
  13. DancePoet

DancePoet New Member

Try eating something light, fruit, toast, small portion of cold cereal, juice, but not all at once at first.
  14. DancePoet

DancePoet New Member

Bananas are great! :D :D :D
  15. lynn

lynn New Member

I remember reading a news report where a women lost 100lbs (i think it's 100) simply by inverting her meals (ie, if she usually has steaks & ice-cream, she switches that to breakfast and vice versa). I think it took her a year to lose the weight but she claimed there was no change in her eating habit, surprising!
  16. pygmalion

Yeah. I saw that news item, too. Can't remember where, but I saw it. :? 8) :D I'm guessing she probably ate less as her stomach shrunk. But still, she was working with her body's metabolism. Food for thought, huh? 8)
  17. lynn

lynn New Member

I've pretty much trained my body to eat big breakfast and not so big dinner. I bet i'll have no problem stuffing down a steak and some ice-cream for breakfast!
  18. cocodrilo

cocodrilo New Member

They were rather firm when I got them so I've been eating them in order of ripeness. I just put the last 6 in the refrigerator this morning.
  19. pygmalion

Ah. 8)

My Mom and I were just plotting today about doing some peach and tomato canning next year. There are a bunch of orchards and farms near me, it seems. So I'll buy the canning equipment, etc. And she'll come and teach me to can on my own. Something to pass down to later generations. 8) Moms rock. :rocker: 8) :D :notworth:
  20. lynn

lynn New Member

Am I the only blueberry fan on DF?? My mom bought 20lbs of blueberry last year so we have blueberry shakes in winter time, yummy!!