Breakfast Time Club!!

Discussion in 'Dancers Anonymous' started by lynn, Aug 8, 2005.

1. pygmalion

pygmalion Well-Known Member

Bluesberries rock!

Blueberry shakes, fresh blueberries, blueberries and cream, blueberry pie... you name it. Go, blueberries. Had some for breakfast yesterday and today. More tomorrow, before I run out. :) 8)

(A moment of silence, on my part, in remembrance of my blueberry pie friend who passed away from brain cancer last year. :cry: :D :notworth:)

2. BrookeErin

BrookeErin New Member

oh, I'm a blueberry fanatic...!

3. Sagitta

Sagitta Well-Known Member

Moms definitely rock. :)

4. cocodrilo

cocodrilo New Member

I LOVE berries! A pound of blueberries would be astronomically expensive in this country. Several years ago, when I was travelling through the Baltic States, there were old women selling huge plastic bags of blueberries and we bought some and totally munched down! I hadn't done that in my many years in Japan...

5. MacMoto

MacMoto Active Member

For years I ate this way... three small meals and two snacks. Breakfast was the main (largest) meal, then mid-morning snack, small lunch, ,mid-afternoon snack, small evening meal.

Now I'm living with someone who needs a substantial evening meal, and I'm finding it difficult to adjust... I go to bed feeling bloated. :(

6. pygmalion

Yes. It's interesting how few of the health and diet regimens take the impact of your family/roommates into account. :?

7. DancePoet

DancePoet Well-Known Member

Breakfast was the same as yesterdays.

8. Sagitta

Why cannot your housemate have the substantial meal and you just take a smaller plate? :?

9. Sagitta

banana. a little steel cut oats porridge and lots of water...

10. Katarzyna

Katarzyna Well-Known Member

11. MacMoto

MacMoto Active Member

I already do the smaller plate thing, but it still feels quite substantial compared to what I used to eat in the evening. My old regimen was to eat carbs early in the day, finishing off with a small, low-carb evening meal. Doesn't suit my SO though so I cook high-carb meals in the evening now. I don't like the idea of cooking separate meals nor do I have time for that.

12. lynn

lynn New Member

I did the small meals throughout the day for awhile then founded to be too exhausting - i was constantly eating throughout the day, didn't gain any weight, but it's just annoying.

13. Sagitta

Right now my housemate is on a diet where she does not have sugra/carbs...South Beach....still there is noodles/potatoes/rice/bread... something for the others. I drink, have chocolate etc which she doesn't. For instance she cooked chicken and rice. I had rice and chicken and she just had the chicken. Something to consider..I guess... :wink: :)

14. pygmalion

Annoying? Really? Hmm. I started with the small years a few years back and now it's just a habit. I don't think about it much. 8)

15. lynn

lynn New Member

well, the thought of constant eating is quite disruptive esp when you're busy throughout the day. I sometimes ended up skipping 2-3 meals when i'm not careful.....

16. pygmalion

Mini-meals can be as simple as a cup of yogurt, a piece of fruit or a couple crackers with cheese, you know. It doesn't have to be a big deal. I usually do about 200 calories worth; that's not much. 8)

17. DancingMommy

DancingMommy Active Member

MMMm yogurt. Had a McD's snakc size fruit/yogurt parfait for breakfast this AM. And it was good. And held me (mostly) until 2pm. :)

18. lynn

lynn New Member

The idea's absolutely great, but most of the time i just forget them altogether. There had been a period that i decided to snack on apples every afternoon, so i bring in a fresh apple every morning, the problem? by the end of the week, sometimes i've got 5-6 apples sitting on my desk. yes, yes, i shouldn't have brought in more apple if i didn't finish the one from the day before....

19. pygmalion

You're not the first person I've heard say that.

Here's the deal, from my perspective. Habits don't get formed by osmosis. For the first couple (or three or four) weeks, you're going to have to remind yourself to do it. After that, it becomes automatic. 8)

20. cl5814

cl5814 New Member

ROTFLOL