Breakfast Time Club!!

Discussion in 'Dancers Anonymous' started by lynn, Aug 8, 2005.

1. cl5814

cl5814 New Member

Really funny, Pygmalion
  2. Sagitta

Sagitta Well-Known Member

Lots of little things like pistachio nuts, soy nuts that can keep..trail mix...that's what I do... That way if it doesn't get eaten I do not need to worry about it. :D
  3. MacMoto

MacMoto Active Member

It's frustrating to cook something when I'm not supposed to eat it. :(
    I don't think I'll ever be able to work as a chef. :roll:
  4. cocodrilo

cocodrilo New Member

Ditto that, MM!
  5. lynn

lynn New Member

Breakfast - apple
    Lunch - apple
    Dinner - apple

Hmm, maybe i should consider growing apple trees in my backyard :roll: ???
  6. lynn

lynn New Member

Oh, cool, free donuts/muffins/bagels - courtesy of the company! Yay!!
  7. lynn

lynn New Member

Remind me of the time i had a fruit parade.... I lined up all my leftover fruits (something i do every friday) on my shelf. There was once I ended up with 6 plums, 4 peaches, 2 oranges, 2 kiwis and a couple of apples. I snuck in 1 brown egg in between and non of my co-workers could tell the difference between the kiwi and the egg :shock: :lol: (obviously, i had them stand 6 ft away, but still....) - how did i end up with that many fruit? that's another question....
  8. pygmalion

pygmalion Well-Known Member

I'm kinda scared to ask... :wink: :lol:
  9. lynn

lynn New Member

don't tell me i'm the only person who stores fruits in my office :shock: :oops: ?!!
  10. cocodrilo

cocodrilo New Member

I'm just itchin' to say something about the "s" you placed at the end of the word fruit...
  11. Sagitta

How healthy is that? :?

people been bringing in cheesecake, nutella (chocolate spread) and all others infull things and I haven't been as good as I should be...not having as much of my steel cut oats. :oops:
  12. Sagitta

Really? :? I personally love taking literary license with the English language. It gives me a kick to make up words that sort of give the meaning I intend, and even manipulate words using for instance "fruits" instead of "fruit". (Hah! I said it! :p How sneaky is that? :twisted: ) It gives me a perverse sort of pleasure I guess and that is one of the ways language evolves.

Having a piece of gealthy wheat toast with cheese melted on top, and topped with a 2 fried egg (1 yolk and 2 egg whites)... Alreday had plety of water, of course. :wink: :)
  13. pygmalion

Hmm. Dictionary.com doesn't. 8)

14. lynn

lynn New Member

I'm glad i'm the only one who opposes this, as much as i love having "free" breakfast, this really isn't healthy! Not to mention we're planning to offer free donuts/muffins every friday to "boost morale" - not too sure what the correlation is....as if giving staff donuts will make them happy!!
  15. lynn

lynn New Member

Well, i thought the image of ONE lonely apple was too sad, so i brought in companions to keep it happy!

O.K., fine, my friedge was overstocked with fruits and my mom wanted me to get rid off some...
  16. pygmalion

:lol: :lol: Good point. Can't have lonely apples out there, now can we? :roll: :wink:
  17. Sagitta

Sugar high. :wink:
  18. lynn

lynn New Member

whoa...i had an apple for breakfast....AGAIN! gosh, i wonder how many bags of apple did my mom buy?? I've been eating them non-stop for more than a week now and there's still more in the fridge?? :shock: !!
  19. cocodrilo

cocodrilo New Member

I believe the "s" is added at the end of fruit in order to signify that the item has several varieties, as explained in the last part of Pygmalion's dictionary reading. Same goes for "fishes". We usually say "fish", don't we?
  20. cocodrilo

cocodrilo New Member

Yeah, donuts- the least nutritionally balanced foodstuff you can be putting in your body in the morning. That sugar high'll have you zinging off the walls, then be burnt out by 10:30... :?