Carrie Ann Inaba as Nationals judge?

Discussion in 'Ballroom Dance' started by wooh, Jan 13, 2009.

1. elisedance

elisedance New Member

I respect your opinion and your role on DF L and (as said) the need to stay on topic - but please quote me accurately.
    thanks

2. Larinda McRaven

Larinda McRaven Site Moderator Staff Member

My previous quote of your post is direct.

But in all fairness, it was not just you I was cautioning... you just happened to have an easy post to use as an example of how a personal opinion get stated as fact.

3. Beto

Beto Active Member

Not sure if this was revealed in the thread already but on CAI's blog she explained why she was at Nationals and what, exactly, she was judging.

http://popwatch.ew.com/popwatch/2009/04/carrie-ann-inab.html

4. Larinda McRaven

Larinda McRaven Site Moderator Staff Member

I will say that CAI, I would assume, felt like she was walking into the lions den this past weekend.

However, her attitude was one of pure graciousness, in spite of the mixed feelings surrounding her presence. She smiled, signed autographs, took pictures, watched the competitions, was always friendly and approachable.

Perhaps we all could learn a lesson in how to compose ourselves in the face of adversity.

5. Mandicraft

Mandicraft Active Member

I completely agree! She was very sweet and great to work with and seemed to enjoy herself. I think the award she gave out was an interesting new twist to be awarded at a comp and a great way to use CAI's experience and background.

6. Laura

Laura New Member

I agree. Some very delicious lemonade was made out of what at first looked like a rather sour lemon. I hope we can do something like this again in the future.