Carrie Ann Inaba as Nationals judge?

Discussion in 'Ballroom Dance' started by wooh, Jan 13, 2009.

1. SDsalsaguy

SDsalsaguy Administrator Staff Member

Good point reb, she is not listed among the posted officials for 2009 Nationals. Sort of makes it all the more strange that she was "announced" as such in the Magazine though, no?
  2. Laura

Laura New Member

The data on the "Officials" link is generated directly out of O2CM. CAI doesn't have an O2CM entry/bio at this time, so it hardly means anything that she is/isn't listed at this point in time. I would not make anything out of her name being present/absent on that page at this time.

Amateur Dancer did not just make up the idea of CAI's involvement. The question still remains as to exacty what that involvement will entail, and I personally think it behooves The Powers That Be at USA Dance to make a statement as to what that is.
  3. SDsalsaguy

SDsalsaguy Administrator Staff Member

Agree wholeheartedly Laura!
  4. Hey all, I am creating a facebook group to petition against this.... Please join and make yourself heard there. I will post a link in a few min.
  5. elisedance

elisedance New Member

Shouldn't we ask what she will do first?
  6. If someone from USA Dance would responde - we could find out. So far, it doesn't seem like anyone from USA Dance is willing to comment...

Can someone sum up the reasons she is not qualified to judge here? Please provide specifics (Rules, qualifications, etc..)
  7. Indiana_Jay

Indiana_Jay Active Member

Can't Ski:

Check out this post and this one. Do they help?
  8. I saw those, It is just that we are all speculating on what her actual qualifications are. We all assume she has ... None. And this very well may be the case.... But it would be nice to have some sort of BIO that shows us what qualifications she actually has and when/ how she received those.
  9. Indiana_Jay

Hence my suggestion that one of our DFer competitors email Peter Pover and/or Ken Richards directly and report back.

It might be unreasonable to expect either gentleman to monitor DF, but it is surely reasonable to expect a response to a direct email inquiry.
  10. Indiana_Jay

So why not write USA Dance and ask a.) whether Ms. Inaba meets the requirements of the cited rules and b.) what, exactly, she will be doing at the National competition?
  11. Already wrote them....

Edit: Since it seemed that no one else was willing to.
  12. Indiana_Jay

Cool. Let us know what you hear. Also, I'm aware that USA Dance has an email list of dancesport athlete members to which it sometimes sends competition-related information. If USA Dance uses that list to send additional information about Ms. Inaba, I hope someone will share it here, for those of us not on that list.
  13. Sorry about multiple posts, etc... poor internet...

response from peter pover

14. elisedance

elisedance New Member

sounds like they may have got the message ....
    perhaps you have averted the worst case scenario already :)
  15. Indiana_Jay

That phrase certainly implies that plans exist to use her as a judge, which could yet be in violation of USA Dance's own rules. We can only hope that the organization decides not to sacrifice integrity for the sake of public relations. And for that matter, that the organization remembers that the dancesport athlete "public" also deserves careful public relations.
  16. Merrylegs

Merrylegs Well-Known Member

**We will certainly be taking advantage of her kind volunteering in some capacity**

(I don't know how to put a quote mark around these. I know, I've been around long enough that I should know how to.)

It's the "kind volunteering" that has me scratching my head...
  17. wooh

wooh Well-Known Member

From the Nationals site:
    Ironic?
  18. [ q u o t e ] enter text [ / q u o t e ]
  19. Throwaway Overshare

Throwaway Overshare New Member

rules only apply to little people