Cha Cha Music Recommendations

Discussion in 'Ballroom Dance' started by Guest, Aug 6, 2003.

1. Spitfire

Spitfire Well-Known Member

The Game of Love - Santana with Michelle Branch
    Someday - Sugar Ray
    Cha Cha Latino - Don't know artist, if anyone does let me know.
    Chilly Cha Cha - " "
    Todo Todo Todo - Daniella Romo
    A Change - Cheryl Crowe

2. Adwiz

Adwiz New Member

Just checked that one out. Nice Cha Cha tune, fast and fun the way I like.

3. I really like dancing a slow cha cha cha.

One of my favorites is Eddie Palmieri's "Criticona." Also, I like "Tema del Apollo"

Jimmy Bosch's guajira "Pa' Mantener Tradicion" has a lot of instrumental soloing in it which gives it an edge. (Most people these days, in the U.S. anyway, seem to dance guajiras as cha cha chas. In fact, as far as I know I still haven't seen an actual guajira being danced.)

I love Joe Bataan's "Muchacho Ordinario" but I guess that is more mid-tempo than slow.

4. peachexploration

peachexploration New Member

Papo y Robertitio by Roberto Blades is a good one. :)

5. dolceamore

dolceamore New Member

hey yeah, i think i know.......... does it go cha cha cha cha , cha cha cha.. in like a whispery kind of voice and its kind of slow. i dunno i danced to something like that for a showcase but yeah... maybe its not what ur thinkin lol[/quote]

6. LatinaQuerida

LatinaQuerida New Member

a couple good cha-cha songs

a couple good cha-cha songs are: sex bomb and senorita by Justin Timberlake

7. dolceamore

dolceamore New Member

i LOVE dancing to Senorita by Justin timberlake. its very up beat and fun!

8. Oscar

Oscar New Member

Are these cha cha cha's? Do you know any more like them?

My first post :D A super site you guys have going :) Glad to finally be a part of it.

I've heard songs like Chilli Cha Cha, Todo Todo, Sexi Dance, Need to Know etc. which come under what is considered suitable for the Cha. Personally i find them too rigid in their form, which is not to say i dislike them. I just find the feel to be a little ..mmm...regimented?

My question is: What rhythm/category/style do these songs (the ones listed under here) come under? Are the songs I'm listing here cha cha cha's? If not what are they? I'm more interested in songs with this rhythm irrespective of whether they are cha's or not.

Vertical Expression of Horizontal Desire - Bellamy Brothers
    South of the Border - Dean Martin / Chris Isaak
    Ticket to Heaven - Dire Straits
    Diesel Cafe - Dire Straits
    Tequila Sunrise - Eagles
    When you're only lonely - J.D. Souther

What are these? Does anyone know of any songs with a similar rhythm to these? If you do please lemme know! Am i wrong in thinking these are all cha cha cha's of some sort? Any info would be appreciated. Thanks in advance!

9. Sagitta

Sagitta Well-Known Member

Welcome to DF Oscar!! :D It is the participation of members like you that make this site what it is, and so I look forward to your contributions. I noticed that you are in Kuwait!! Cool! I'm pretty sure that you are our first DF member from there. :) As for those songs hopefully one of the other members will help you out as I don't listen to that sort of music much.

10. Spitfire

Spitfire Well-Known Member

Oscar,

Welcome; you've come to the right place :D

I'm not familar with the other songs you mention, but Tequila Sunrise and You're Only Lonely are most suited to Rumba.

11. Blondie

Blondie New Member

Upbeat? I just heard it for the first time. It's a slow song, no more than 60-70 bpm. I suppose one could practice cha cha VERY slow to it and work hard on technique.

12. blaze

blaze New Member

Respect to all, but I like songs listed by Spitfire the most so far =).

13. ballroom_dancer

ballroom_dancer New Member

There's a Cha I rather like which starts with a slow intro before it gets going and is instrumental all the way through. I have been told it is from Jive Bunny & The Master Mixers, and I have had a good shot at trying to track it down with no luck.

Anybody identify?

14. latingal

latingal Moderator Staff Member

Welcome to DF ballroom_dancer!

15. Joe

Joe Well-Known Member

If you could be slightly more descriptive, we might be able to help...

16. ballroom_dancer

ballroom_dancer New Member

How? You want me to whistle it?

17. jennyisdancing

jennyisdancing Active Member

I agree it's slow for a cha cha and also it's funky, so it's more of a West Coast song.

18. jennyisdancing

jennyisdancing Active Member

So far as I can tell, these are pretty much all rumba aren't they? I would like to call them "rock and roll rumbas" because they're not latin music and not in Spanish. But the rhythm is there. Other songs like these would include Roy Orbison -"Only the Lonely" and a song I love by Suzanne Vega, called "Caramel."

19. emkey

emkey New Member

Hold Me by Brenda K. Star and Hush Hush by the *****cat dolls

20. Joe

Joe Well-Known Member

That would be somewhat more descriptive, yes.