Changes for DwtS

Discussion in 'Dancing on TV' started by RickRS, Jun 15, 2013.

1. RickRS

RickRS Member

ABC is changing the DwtS format: just as SYTYCD did last season, the coming fall season for DwtS will no longer have a Tuesday night results show.

Spotted it here, near the bottom of the article as "Biggest stealth cancellation", and the announced fall schedule confirms it.

2. danceronice

danceronice Well-Known Member

Yeah, they mentioned that on the show this last season.

3. JudeMorrigan

JudeMorrigan Well-Known Member

Those Tuesday sitcoms look pretty underwhelming. I find myself wondering if they aren't going to wind up bringing the results show back mid-season in a desperate bid for better ratings.

4. Mr 4 styles

Mr 4 styles Well-Known Member

ABC is clueless agent of shield should rock tho

Beto likes this.
  5. RickRS

RickRS Member

Then I must have missed it when skipping all the filler with my DVR

6. nikkitta

nikkitta Well-Known Member

the results show tended to be overbloated with filler anyway

danceronice likes this.
  7. danceronice

That's easy to do. Skip all the results-show filler and you're left with about ten minutes of programming.

8. nikkitta

nikkitta Well-Known Member

Heck, just do nothing; and the following week, there's one couple less. Done. No fanfare, but it's still a "surprise" for the viewers.

9. theAnnelis

theAnnelis Active Member

I have a feeling there's going to be a significantly facelifted pro lineup...probably a smaller band...and I'm praying they get rid of Brooke Burke. And I was hoping for new judges to replace Len and Carrie Ann, but I heard all three are coming back :punch: fortunately, Derek won't be back next season so I probably won't watch the show anyway. I hope Henry is promoted, nevertheless even though Karina is my idol, without Derek, there's no reason for me to watch.

10. Mr 4 styles

over my dead body!! now that we are buds and all........:D

totally agree!!!

11. danceronice

I just hope there aren't a bunch of other generic little blondes for the new female pros. And if we were getting rid of judges I'd dump Carrie Anne and her clear emotional instability. Maybe keep Bruno for the comic relief and ask him to pretend it's Strictly and he can tone it down a bit.

Beto and theAnnelis like this.
  12. theAnnelis

theAnnelis Active Member

THIS. Because while I love Chelsie Hightower's dancing, we don't need THREE of her on every episode (Lindsay and Witney are proteges of her, so they dance like clones, though I do believe Wit has an X factor that the other two lack). GET RID OF CARRIE ANN, because she judges with the stuff below her belt (not to mention she seems to hate the attractive female dancers or something). I'd only keep Bruno out of the three because aside from being the only judge from the last two seasons that's nade any sense, he does appreciate meat and potatoes ballroom but is also open minded enough to be able to judge the new direction that the performances on DWTS are taking.

13. danceronice

I prefer Len's judging and wish they'd take him up on some advice, as frankly the entire world needs less contemporary swanning about and the props n' themes things have gone more than far enough. Almost none of the celebs are good enough to make it entertaining and generally the more stage-designed the routine, the crappier the dancing. Bruno at least is sometimes entertaining with his OTTness, though I'd pay a substantial bribe to the stagehands to "accidentally" put superglue on his seat. Not EVERY performance is worth standing up about.

14. Mr 4 styles

its not an x factor... its a hotter curvier bod:eek:

15. Wolfgang

Wolfgang Member

If Brooke goes, so will many of the straight male demographic. Like myself.
    Probably not a huge percentage of the total, but if you're fishing for viewers....they ain't gettin' the kids unless Derek does shirtless backflips and the Utah troupe shows up in thongs, surrounding Justin Bieber.
    Won't miss the 'results' show, hardly ever watched it in the first place.

16. Generalist

Generalist Active Member

Brooke is hot so she must stay!

Len is the best judge of the three, so he should stay. Len actually makes sense and would probably score dances right if he didn't have to sit beside those other two idiots.

I'm tiring of the shirtless men but would be willing to put up with it if they had topless women. Let's just require that all dancers must go topless sometime in the season to make it fair -- that way if any of them have flabby bellies the public can vote them out of the competition.

17. JudeMorrigan

JudeMorrigan Well-Known Member

I think one has to assume that the judges (all of them) have both their behavior and their scores heavily influenced by what the show's producers tell them to do. Bruno, for example, is apparently not nearly as over-the-top ridiculous on Strictly. Given that, I am deeply skeptical that new judges would be any better. If anything, I would expect them to be worse. I think the producers think that the audience likes judges who act like idiots.

Loki and danceronice like this.
  18. davedove

davedove Active Member

It certainly seems like that. It feels like the producers tell Len to be grumpier, Bruno to be more over the top, and Carrie Ann to get more emotional!:rolleyes:

19. theAnnelis

theAnnelis Active Member

The producers have their audience pegged all wrong. They seem to honestly believe we're a lot stupider than we actually are :rofl:

20. danceronice

Given what I'm exposed to on the TVs in the employee dining area at work because they won't let me put on something sensible (I gotta see if we get TVG in there) as popular entertainment, we may not be the audience they're thinking of.

Loki likes this.