Changes for DwtS

Discussion in 'Dancing on TV' started by RickRS, Jun 15, 2013.

1. Mr 4 styles

Mr 4 styles Well-Known Member

we are not

the producer said the reason the ratings were lowest for the all star season is that clearly America wants to laugh at bad dancing rather than see good dancing
    Bailamosdance likes this.
  2. Wolfgang

Wolfgang Member

Actual dancers -even amateurs - are an audience for DwtS like marine biologists are an audience for Sharknado.
    I already watch very little TV, have way too many other things going on, and most shows I do watch are on one of the PBS channels. Despite the fact that I am not a senior.
    Most other channels do make me wonder who the completely, hopelessly and ignorantly stupid ones are - the audience or the producers?
  3. Mr 4 styles

Mr 4 styles Well-Known Member

not the rich group... you guess who that is:cool:
    IndyLady likes this.
  4. rydancefan

rydancefan New Member

Unfortunately brooke burke is still the host. I actually miss the first season host Lisa Canning. Whatever happened to her? She was great. I don't think derek will leave dwts anytime soon, he is one of the most popular pros in the show. Karina is amazing as well, hope she dances with val and derek more too.
    theAnnelis likes this.
  5. Hedwaite

Hedwaite Well-Known Member

I hate this show so very, very much (don't ask, it'll be tl/dr). When it was "People who don't usually dance learning to dance and then dancing in front of people", I really liked it. Now that it is "Just more of the same crap you can get anywhere else that happens to have rhinestones on it", meh. Whatever. Also, I wish they'd make an Android app for the show (like iPhone has), so I could gripe about just the highlights and skim the rest. I miss Ballroom Bootcamp.
  6. theAnnelis

theAnnelis Active Member

I watch for Derek and Karina...and I got a headache 5 minutes in. Same manipulative crap as always.