Chocolate Thread

Discussion in 'Dancers Anonymous' started by Katarzyna, Aug 8, 2005.

1. cocodrilo

cocodrilo New Member

Ditto for me! I don' often eat desserts so when I do, I want something gooey and rich! I prefer nut breads and the like to chiffon fluff any day!
  2. lynn

lynn New Member

hmm, my mom just bought a dozen tiny sconnes (they're like 1/4 size of the usual scones i bought!). They're yummy!!
  3. Vince A

Vince A Active Member

So, do you have to eat four of those to get the same satisfaction of having just one? :wink:
  4. lynn

lynn New Member

unfortunately, yep! i've ate probably 3 or 4 already!!
  5. Sagitta

Sagitta Well-Known Member

Got a packet in the mail of Goan sweets and cake from my bro. :D Many time better then chocolat.
  6. cocodrilo

cocodrilo New Member

What's in them, Sagitta?
  7. Sagitta

Batika - coconut cake, and a coconut gram sweet. I love coconut sweets. And this stuff is home-made too. None of that cheap crappy commercial stuff. :D
  8. cocodrilo

cocodrilo New Member

Sounds good to me! I don't think I've ever tried that...
  9. lynn

lynn New Member

ooh, i love coconut!! too bad the closest thing i have is probably coconut milk out of a can....
  10. Katarzyna

Katarzyna Well-Known Member

Just had a great cocunut drink that came out of a fresh young coconut.. really good..
  11. lynn

lynn New Member

coconuts can be very refreshing during summer!
  12. Sagitta

Great for making curries though. :wink: :)
  13. lynn

lynn New Member

yep! i've read in a weight loss study that coconut oil is a great substitute for regular cooking oil!
  14. lynn

lynn New Member

speaking of curry, has anyone ever had green curry? I think it's Thai variety, not sure...
  15. cocodrilo

cocodrilo New Member

Yes, Lynn. I make that all the time! It's a Thai recipe. I bought kilos of spices when I was in Vietnam last December and make that AND Indian AND Vietnamese curry.
  16. lynn

lynn New Member

IIRC, only indian curry is spicy, right?? the curry i've tried (it's got japanese packaging, but i highly doubt it's japanese) just taste curry-ish and not spicy at all, which is a good thing b/c i can't handle spicy foods too well...
  17. cocodrilo

cocodrilo New Member

It's spicy the way I make it! 8)
    BTW, Japanese curry is simply curry-flavored stew mix. My Indain and Bangladeshi friends won't get near it. :lol: Japanese curry has been around since the Meiji Era, when Japan opened its doors to foreigners during the Meiji Restoration, so the Japanese have a particular fondness for this sort of "curry". It is also the definitive food for camping in Japan!
  18. diputs

diputs New Member

I thought I should throw in my two cents.

The best chocolate I have ever had was at
    http://www.dantesdownthehatch.com/
    It is a restaurant/jazz club in the Buckhead section of Atlanta. I have only been there twice. The first time we ordered meat fondue. Chicken, Shrimp, and Beef. The second time we planned ahead and ordered some cheese fondue to start and ended with chocolate fondue. In retrospect, do not eat anything before or at the restaurant before getting the chocolate fondue.

There is a huge story behind the chocolate fondue. The basics. You have to plan ahead. They only do one serving of chocolate fondue a night. And they will only serve between 6-12 people. Dante himself comes to your table and "explains" what goes into the chocolate fondue before you are able to taste it. He talkes about how the chocolate is slowly heated all day long. How the chef goes to the local market for fresh fruit. How the chocolate is closely watched so it doesn't burn. He tlks about where the chocolate is imported from and what he had to do to convince the company to let him import it. Talkes about how you should not stir the chocolate, but fold it. Quite a process. For more info, go to the website and look under the restaurant tab for the chocolate fondue.

This is not a cheap place to eat, but is definately a place not to miss if you are in Atlanta. Even if you cannot go for the chocolate fondue, the other fondue options are fabulous. And the crocodiles are worth the trip.
  19. cocodrilo

cocodrilo New Member

That sounds really good! 8)
  20. diputs

diputs New Member

I cannot begin to descirbe in words how good it really is. The food, the atmosphere, the friends.

Oh, you probably have to bring your own friends.