Chocolate Thread

Discussion in 'Dancers Anonymous' started by Katarzyna, Aug 8, 2005.

1. Katarzyna

Katarzyna Well-Known Member

I am sure you can find them in some store in canada and ship it cheaper. THey probably want to ship it from Belgium
  2. lynn

lynn New Member

they ship it via fedex, probably next day delivery too.... private carrier can be very expensive!

I wonder if my chocolate craving's worth that much??!!
  3. pygmalion

pygmalion Well-Known Member

I'm strictly a cheapie chocolate gal, myself. Gave a girlfriend of mine a couple pounds of Godiva (her fave) for her birthday once. Boy, was I mad when she reciprocated for my birthday. :( She coulda bought me fifty pounds of Hershey's for what she spent. And I would have enjoyed it more. :oops: :lol:
  4. Swingolder

Swingolder New Member

Then I am glad I have not heard of it nor tasted it. Sometimes it is better not knowing what you are missing! And at the price I guess I will just consider myself lucky for never having tasted Neuhaus.
    I think I would prefer a large quantity of something cheaper than one taste of something so expensive.
  5. lynn

lynn New Member

can you return the godiva chocolate and get yourself something else?

i remember reading somehwere that white chocolate really isn't chocolate.... have to dig a little deaper into that.
  6. pygmalion

No. I just ate it, one piece at a time. Expensive chocolate is just too rich for me, especially the dark chocolate. *shrug*

Seen the same thing myself. Must :google:
  7. Sagitta

Sagitta Well-Known Member

I like both white and dark. Both are chocolate IMO. :wink: 8)
  8. pygmalion

According to fabulous foods.com, here are the ingredients for white cholcolate:

And here's how dark chocolate and milk chocolate are made:

Not really the same thing, IMO, but hey, if you love chocolate, who cares? Have fun. 8)
  9. lynn

lynn New Member

According to healthierliving:

Researchers found chocolate contains four times the level of catechins than black tea, a common source of the anti-oxidant. High consumption of black tea has been linked to lower rates of heart disease and cancer. Dark chocolate contained 53.5 mg. of catechins per 100 g. of chocolate; milk chocolate contained 15.9 mg./100 g., and black tea contained 13.9 mg. per 100 mL. of tea, researchers report in the August 7 issue of The Lancet.

Hmm, looks like not all chocolates are created equal....
  10. pygmalion

True. Same thing with teas. Green, black and decaf all have different levels of both caffeine and anti-oxidants. 8)
  11. lynn

lynn New Member

I've never had black tea but have heard tons of good things about it...guess it's time to give it a shot!
  12. pygmalion

I can imagine it's likely an aquired taste. I've been drinking it since I was knee-high to a grasshopper, so I really don't remember what my first taste of tea was like.

Black tea has pretty strong tannins, so, depending on how you steep it, it can have a strong taste, as well. A lot of people add cream or lemon or sugar, to make it taste/feel smoother on the tongue. 8) (Just not cream and lemon at the same time, please! :shock: )
  13. BrookeErin

BrookeErin New Member

I guess I"m a chocolate snob... White "chocolate" is not chocolate! ewww! ;)

I enjoy both milk and dark, but I prefer richer chocolates, which generally translates to dark or more expensive. I'd much rather have a smidge or something rich than waste the calories on something waxy... eww! ;)

then again, yesterday I again indulged in my occasional habit of cheap brownie mix with a bit of water (batter without eggs or oil) eaten straight out of the bowl. It usually last a few days and is good for a chocolate fix.
  14. Katarzyna

I am craving chocolate so much now.. An di only have $5... Vending machine in my office only takes $1 bills or coins... grrr. :cry:
  15. lynn

lynn New Member

look on the bright side, we don't even have vending machines in our office - it's considered an unhealthy snack!! I can only munch on nuts!
  16. Katarzyna

:)
    this reminds me when I was in Italy on New years when the converted to Euro.. I was trying to use a vending machine, but it would only take liras. You were not able to get change in liras only euro, but the machine wasn't taking euro... It was so annoying...

If you make changes like that, you should ensure that vending machines and pay phones take the new currency..
  17. lynn

lynn New Member

i have a friend who lives in uk and he told me the british refuses to change their currency to euro - probably due to currency fluctuations....so if you're planning on visiting uk, make sure you've got pounds, euro isn't going to get you anywhere!
  18. pygmalion

You bring your own snacks?
  19. lynn

lynn New Member

usually i'm too lazy to bring anything, but since our office is pretty close to a grocery chain, we never really had snack shortages! Besides, someone's nice enough to bring a basket full of peanuts this morning!
  20. pygmalion

In a former life, a few coworkers and I used to run a little snack-store in one of our offices -- an ongoing fund raiser for a tutoring program we started. That was totally hideous! Snacks everywhere all day long. :evil:

We raised money for a good cause. But yikes! I've never before or since eaten so much junk. :?