Chocolate Thread

Discussion in 'Dancers Anonymous' started by Katarzyna, Aug 8, 2005.

1. samina

samina Well-Known Member

Mmmm... luv-luv dark chocolate w/ peppermint.

Am actually not a huge choco fan, only at certain hormonally charged moments when nothing short of something good & dark will do. :D

Am definitely a vanilla whore, tho. Tahitian vanilla.... <swooning> The scent & flavor of the gods, for sure!

2. DancePoet

DancePoet Well-Known Member

Shared a Lindt chocolate bar with raspberry filling. Blah!

It might have been better had the chocolate been dark rather then milk.

3. musicchica86

musicchica86 Active Member

Took a class on chocolate my first semester of college...found out that Lindt over in Europe is like Hershey's here. Quality is basically lowest of the low. That's why their 70% cocoa bars are so bitter and gross--even chocolate that dark should still taste good, but they use cheap beans.

4. DancePoet

Sometimes I enjoy there truffles, but I had a raspberry one a little ways back and it seemed old or something. Just plain yuck.

5. musicchica86

musicchica86 Active Member

Well yeah, I looooove their dark chocolate truffles, but just be aware that Lindt is not the premium European chocolate brand. ;-)

6. DancePoet

Thanks for the info! :cool:

7. Peaches

Peaches Well-Known Member

One of these day's I'll have to wander over to the local Neuhaus shop and pick up some chocolate. Planning on putting that and a nice sparkling red, along with some baked stuff, in the studio holiday basket. Need to figure out what to get...I know they've got all kinds of fancy thingies (including chocolate covered orange peel and candied ginger)...wondering if they sell blocks of good dark chocolate...

8. caityrosey

caityrosey New Member

I'm making chocolate covered candied orange peels. I bought a bar of ghirardelli choclate to coat but now I'm wondering if I should spring for chocolate from a local shop instead. What's the general opinion on ghirardelli? It's the best available at my regular grocery store.

9. MacMoto

MacMoto Active Member

Woohoo -- got a new box of Neuhaus! :banana:

10. SPratt74

SPratt74 New Member

I just finished a whole bag of Hershey's Kisses lol. Don't ask me why. I was just in the mood lol.

11. caityrosey

caityrosey New Member

Today??:D

12. SPratt74

SPratt74 New Member

Well, it took the whole weekend to eat them, but I finished them up before I ate my lunch today lol! :D Luckily I keep some kind of chocolate at work at all times, but I don't go in until tomorrow. :(

13. caityrosey

caityrosey New Member

I looked online last night at chocolate reviews and saw that Ghirardelli is actually not generally considered a good brand. I'm surprized. Not that I know very much about domestic chocolate, but I always thought they were one of the better American brands. I guess they must have good marketing.

14. samina

samina Well-Known Member

checked out the neuhaus site -- looks like they could make some very nice gifts this year. thanks to kat for mentioning neuhaus at the beginning of the thread.

i can't remember if i've ever had neuhaus chocolate...

15. mamboqueen

mamboqueen Well-Known Member

You can actually find them in Marshall's if you have one around you. I don't have to leave my office building to get my hands on these...which is probably not a good thing!

16. samina

samina Well-Known Member

marshall's, huh... don't have one nearby, but good to know. but i bet now that i know the name i'll see it everywhere. you know how that works... lol

17. caityrosey

caityrosey New Member

Speaking of buying candy at Marshalls, how old can chocolate get before you really shouldn't eat it?

18. Laura

Laura New Member

I just saw on BBC World News that a life-size chocolate Christmas tree has been constructed in the lobby of the Amari Atrium Hotel in Bangkok. It's made from 50kg (over 110 pounds) of dark chocolate, and is decorated with M&M's, decorator icing, and all sorts of stuff. I forgot how tall they said it was, but the chefs were shown on ladders putting it together.

19. samina

samina Well-Known Member

wow. who's gonna eat the thing?

20. caityrosey

caityrosey New Member